Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like new info on accessories & pricing:
  • Spare tire pricing: ($600 for road 21", $800 for all others)
  • Snow Peak dining set and gear shuttle included in Camp Kitchen for limited time
  • Tent w/ cargo crossbars: $2650
  • Gear tunnel shuttle: $1500
  • Crossbars: $450/pair
  • Bike mount: $250
  • Ski Rack: $310
  • Kayak mount: $200
  • SUP/Surfboard Mount: $300
  • Home wall charger: $500
  • All-weather floor mats: $175
  • Recovery gear: $600 (doesn't look like it includes maxx traxx)
  • Field kit: $150 (first aid, etc?)
  • Air Compressor accessories: $60
looks like they are pushing pre-orders delivery to November ....
from Rivian Web Site
it would be good to have email communications on orders and accessories that are not built in

When can I take delivery?

If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing. All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When can I take delivery?

If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing. All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022.
They're saying BY November, implying that earlier is possible.

·
Registered
720 Posts
it used to be August Delivery for the R1S
Hopefully that still stays the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like the price dropped for me. maybe its because it took away the cost of spare tire???
that begs a question. do I get the tent setup with bars or do I go with the tire?
I like the way the First Aid kit fits but is it worth 150 for some band-aids and an ace wrap?
IMO "No it's not." That being said I ordered it anyway though because what I do find worth the $150 is that custom mounting case/bag so I can dump the first aid gear out and use it for other items...before inevitably dying because I lacked basic first aid gear.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
IMO "No it's not." That being said I ordered it anyway though because what I do find worth the $150 is that custom mounting case/bag so I can dump the first aid gear out and use it for other items...before inevitably dying because I lacked basic first aid gear.
No duct ape? No -kit is complete without duct tape! Most times it’s all you need fur just about any emergency! J/k. I always carry a med kit in my cars and my backpack, but this one isn’t for me. Plus I don’t like that it takes up the entire door pocket. For me, that storage space is better left available for other items.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It’s actually a lot more than band-aids and an ace wrap. Check out the full list of what’s in there. I carry a pouch with similar items, and the cost racks up quickly. IMO, $150 is a great price for that bag of goodies. Unfortunately, it would only duplicate what I already have... 😕

·
Registered
67 Posts
No duct ape? No -kit is complete without duct tape! Most times it’s all you need fur just about any emergency! J/k. I always carry a med kit in my cars and my backpack, but this one isn’t for me. Plus I don’t like that it takes up the entire door pocket. For me, that storage space is better left available for other items.
Actually, there is duct tape— and first aid adhesive tape, and tons more...
The 130-Piece Field Kit
  • Medical
  • Adhesive tape
  • Alcohol wipes
  • Bandage- Adhesive
  • Bandage- Compressive
  • Bandage- Fingertip
  • Bandage- Triangular
  • Bandage- Butterfly strips
  • Burnshield dressing
  • CPR face shield
  • Disposable gloves
  • Dressing pads
  • Finger splint
  • Gauze pad
  • Gauze BloodSTOP Hemostatic
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Medication- Anti-inflammatory
  • Medication- Anti-sting/bite
  • Medication- Diarrhea relief
  • Medication- Pain relief
  • Medication- Rehydration
  • Ointment packet- Anti-itch
  • Ointment packet- Antibiotic
  • Ointment packet- Burn
  • Scalpel handle and blades
  • Splinter-Out
  • Sting and Bite relief pad
  • Tourniquet
  • Tweezers & magnifying glass combo tool
  • Zinc oxide tape
  • Survival
  • Duct tape
  • Quick-Fire fire starter with instructions
  • Lifestraw
  • Emergency Poncho
  • Paracord 550
  • Rescue blanket
  • Foldable shovel
  • Water sterilization tablets with instructions
  • Whistle with lanyard
  • General
  • Carrying Case
  • Removable mini pouch
  • First Aid guide
  • List of contents
  • Pencil
  • Safety pins
  • Scissors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting thing I noted about the added configuration options (not mentioned in their summary) is a new off-road wheel option (“bright”)...it appears to be smoother/more aerodynamic than the other off-road options...wondering if it was added to provide a more fuel efficient option for the off-road tires (possibly motivated by poorer-than expected efficiency of the original off-road options, e.g. range below the planned 300+miles). I’ve been anxiously awaiting more info on the fuel efficiency differences in the different tire options.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
That’s the 20” wheel from the R1S. They are now making all 3 20” wheels available for either the R1T or R1S. Either of the non-black wheels are no upcharge on LEs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From this thread to others, don't understand what the complaints are about. This is a GOOD THING!!

Tesla, took away just about every possibility to customize a car to your personal needs. Color and wheel choice, plus $10K or not for the phantom full self driving features are about the only choices you get. Rivian, just offered everyone the opportunity to save $2,000 on their vehicles, if they want to. It's YOUR CHOICE. Choices are good!! Not bad. They're still delivering everything they said they would at the same price. Just offering you options to add some more goodies or save money on things you might not need.

Clearly, Rivian is LISTENING! Have read many comments on these forums about "this should be included or that should be an option". Read today's e-mail and it seemed to be a direct response to have of those suggestions. Apparently they read the forums.

And seriously, who didn't expect some type of delay in delivery? Not living in reality if you didn't. But, July, that's only one month! That's amazing. Tesla was 5 years delayed on the Model X. 2 years on the Model 3. Several years on the Roadster and Full Self Driving. And, did you expect Rivian to build every truck that's been ordered at once? Of course, "deliveries start" in June 2021, does not mean that ALL pre-orders would be filled in June, 2021 (now July, 2021). The fact that they said they can deliver all of them in just a few months is friggen AMAZING. I was excited to see the e-mail today. Told me they're very close to ready to deliver these things. Offering all the final choices that are typical of any car when it's actually ready to deliver. They're a new company, they're not going to ramp up production to 500,000 cars a year on the day they start. Have to be a little patient.

Anybody complaining should go slap themselves for being stupid silly. Today is a good friggen day if you were waiting for a Rivian!! Get excited. Be Happy!!

Love the tunnel slide out option. All the roof rack options are great for those to personalize to their uses. After a 24 hour stranded experience due to a flat tire in the middle of nowhere one time, I was very happy to see the option for a spare tire and necessary tools being offered. For those that know they'll never go off road, they just saved $2,000 in foregoing the off-road package they have no use for.

OK, I'm done. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually, there is duct tape— and first aid adhesive tape, and tons more...
The 130-Piece Field Kit
  • Medical
  • Adhesive tape
  • Alcohol wipes
  • Bandage- Adhesive
  • Bandage- Compressive
  • Bandage- Fingertip
  • Bandage- Triangular
  • Bandage- Butterfly strips
  • Burnshield dressing
  • CPR face shield
  • Disposable gloves
  • Dressing pads
  • Finger splint
  • Gauze pad
  • Gauze BloodSTOP Hemostatic
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Medication- Anti-inflammatory
  • Medication- Anti-sting/bite
  • Medication- Diarrhea relief
  • Medication- Pain relief
  • Medication- Rehydration
  • Ointment packet- Anti-itch
  • Ointment packet- Antibiotic
  • Ointment packet- Burn
  • Scalpel handle and blades
  • Splinter-Out
  • Sting and Bite relief pad
  • Tourniquet
  • Tweezers & magnifying glass combo tool
  • Zinc oxide tape
  • Survival
  • Duct tape
  • Quick-Fire fire starter with instructions
  • Lifestraw
  • Emergency Poncho
  • Paracord 550
  • Rescue blanket
  • Foldable shovel
  • Water sterilization tablets with instructions
  • Whistle with lanyard
  • General
  • Carrying Case
  • Removable mini pouch
  • First Aid guide
  • List of contents
  • Pencil
  • Safety pins
  • Scissors
Missed the SAM splint, but otherwise a pretty solid list for someone that may not already have a kit. I prefer a smaller, more targeted kit (based on the activity)

·
Registered
50 Posts
So that definitely got my attention too and I hope that we won’t see any more of a slide. That said, I think (hope) that taken in context the completion of LE editions by “Spring 2022” included not just the R1Ts but also the R1S LEs, which Rivian always advertised as not starting production until later this fall anyway…. If so, disappointing but not a major set back. That would also explain the Thanksgiving reference too (i.e., R1S LE holders will be notified by then).

Admittedly, this is some more reading between the lines…. But plausible and gives Rivian maximum flexibility.
Spoke w chat today. Confirmed Aug launch for r1t and r1s. Emphasized no delay since starting in time. Just taking longer to deliver everything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Missed the SAM splint, but otherwise a pretty solid list for someone that may not already have a kit. I prefer a smaller, more targeted kit (based on the activity)
I agree, a smaller set might be nicer. But, the fact that it was designed to fit neatly into the Passenger Door pocket makes it work well. How many people use the passenger door pocket? The fact that it all fits in there seamlessly, I guess better to have more than what you need than not have something you might need when the time comes to use it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From this thread to others, don't understand what the complaints are about. This is a GOOD THING!!

Tesla, took away just about every possibility to customize a car to your personal needs. Color and wheel choice, plus $10K or not for the phantom full self driving features are about the only choices you get. Rivian, just offered everyone the opportunity to save $2,000 on their vehicles, if they want to. It's YOUR CHOICE. Choices are good!! Not bad. They're still delivering everything they said they would at the same price. Just offering you options to add some more goodies or save money on things you might not need.

Clearly, Rivian is LISTENING! Have read many comments on these forums about "this should be included or that should be an option". Read today's e-mail and it seemed to be a direct response to have of those suggestions. Apparently they read the forums.

And seriously, who didn't expect some type of delay in delivery? Not living in reality if you didn't. But, July, that's only one month! That's amazing. Tesla was 5 years delayed on the Model X. 2 years on the Model 3. Several years on the Roadster and Full Self Driving. And, did you expect Rivian to build every truck that's been ordered at once? Of course, "deliveries start" in June 2021, does not mean that ALL pre-orders would be filled in June, 2021 (now July, 2021). The fact that they said they can deliver all of them in just a few months is friggen AMAZING. I was excited to see the e-mail today. Told me they're very close to ready to deliver these things. Offering all the final choices that are typical of any car when it's actually ready to deliver. They're a new company, they're not going to ramp up production to 500,000 cars a year on the day they start. Have to be a little patient.

Anybody complaining should go slap themselves for being stupid silly. Today is a good friggen day if you were waiting for a Rivian!! Get excited. Be Happy!!

Love the tunnel slide out option. All the roof rack options are great for those to personalize to their uses. After a 24 hour stranded experience due to a flat tire in the middle of nowhere one time, I was very happy to see the option for a spare tire and necessary tools being offered. For those that know they'll never go off road, they just saved $2,000 in foregoing the off-road package they have no use for.

OK, I'm done. :)
Don't know when you placed your order, but my order is pushing 3 years soon (by November). I cannot tell you how many delays I've had already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would have been nice if Rivian had sent out an email to pre-order holders that this had happened.
What am I thinking, its no-communicate Rivian. :)
FYI - I heard about this first from Rivian - they sent me an email on May 27 - maybe I really AM special?!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts