Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Should we be concerned about another delay? I am concerned about the $2000 off road package that was eliminated. I am an early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018 and was hoping to be in the first group and assumed my truck has already been specified and is on the assembly line. This should mean that all the suspension pieces and protection plates are already on the chassis.
I really am not planning anything off road here in flat Florida, no hills or rocky trails, so I'm ok without it.
It just means they have not even started my truck yet!!!!
Rivian has been in business nearly 10 years now, and still hasn't sold anything yet! And the want to go public? They are already over $8 Billon in debt, never mind the interest daily on $8 Billion.
Then they hope to be capitalized to $70 Billion once the IPO is issued! Sorry, not for me. They will have to sell millions of vehicles before anyone but Scaringe makes any money.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Should we be concerned about another delay? I am concerned about the $2000 off road package that was eliminated. I am an early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018 and was hoping to be in the first group and assumed my truck has already been specified and is on the assembly line. This should mean that all the suspension pieces and protection plates are already on the chassis.
I really am not planning anything off road here in flat Florida, no hills or rocky trails, so I'm ok without it.
It just means they have not even started my truck yet!!!!
Rivian has been in business nearly 10 years now, and still hasn't sold anything yet! And the want to go public? They are already over $8 Billon in debt, never mind the interest daily on $8 Billion.
Then they hope to be capitalized to $70 Billion once the IPO is issued! Sorry, not for me. They will have to sell millions of vehicles before anyone but Scaringe makes any money.
It's not debt, it's an ownership interest For example, T. Rowe price led a group of investors on the $2.5B they acquired last year and they now have an ownership interst in Rivian. So if Rivian does go public at anywhere near the anticipated valuation they will have realized a potential profit. Nobody is collecting interest payments (although I think they did have some debt a few years back that was likely repaid by some of the later investment dollars).

Also, the actual assembly time is likely measured in days, so if they started yours today it would be finished before the end of the week.. The Model S had a 2-3 day assembly, long by Detroit standards. The much-simpler Model 3 is somewhere under 2 hours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, the actual assembly time is likely measured in days, so if they started yours today it would be finished before the end of the week.. The Model S had a 2-3 day assembly, long by Detroit standards. The much-simpler Model 3 is somewhere under 2 hours.
Actually the Detroit standard is about 2-3 days from cradle to DVT test. Especially in the body-on-frame world of trucks. Rule of thumb is 1 day in the BIW shop welding it all up. 1 Day in paint. And then 1 day in chassis/trim to complete and test the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two Questions:

1. How many LE holders will now forgo the off-road package to save $2k?

2. How many will actually buy the spare tire?

Bonus Question—How do we feel about Rivian pushing production to July and LE completion by Spring 2022? 😱 (No.1 above a consolation attempt?)
I doubled down with a reservation on an F150 Lightning! If my LE stretches to Spring of 2022 the Lightning might beat it. Early bird gets the worm.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I doubled down with a reservation on an F150 Lightning! If my LE stretches to Spring of 2022 the Lightning might beat it. Early bird gets the worm.
If delivery date weren't a concern for either truck which one would you prefer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would have been nice if Rivian had sent out an email to pre-order holders that this had happened.
What am I thinking, its no-communicate Rivian. :)
Not sure why you didn't get one, but I did get a notification all this accessories was now available on your account to select. FYI, check your junk mail ?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts