Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was bound to happen, I've been contacted by Rivian and I can't quite muster the ability to be excited.

With all the botched communications, delivery issues I've read about, changes from the company, etc, etc, etc., I am, at best, skeptical that I will actually see a truck any time soon.

Figured the big questions usually revolve around timing, so below is my high level timeline -
  • Feb 2019 - Placed pre-order
  • Jan 2020 - Rivian Open House Event (viewing only)
  • Nov 2020 - Configured R1T
    • Opted not to take an LE due to battery pack, wanted 400 mile range
    • Configured exactly like an LE, but with bigger battery
  • Jan 2021 - Switched to smaller battery pack
    • Rivian wouldn't switch me back to an LE
  • Nov 2021 - First Drive Event
  • Dec 2021 - Delivery window provided (July - Sept 2022)
May 9, 2022 - Email about Rivian Guide and to contact for call
May 10, 2022 - Call with Guide, confirmed configuration, estimated delivery 4-6 weeks, no LE
May 10, 2022 - Emailed 2 Doc's to sign (E-Signature Consent & Disclosure Notice and Preliminary Buyer's Agreement)
May 12, 2022 - Emailed Digital Vehicle Purchase Checklist
May 13, 2022 - Received call from Guide stating they have an LE, just like mine w/ different wheels, and wanted to know if I'd be open to taking delivery of that vehicle.

I was OK with the wheels and excited about the LE, so pulled the trigger to make change . . . we will see if anything actually becomes of this, but not holding my breath.

I'll continue to post here as I go through the process of taking delivery.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too got a similar call back in Feb. Nov '18 pre-order - delivery end of March '22. So I'm almost 2 months into ownership and have no regrets. Someone had canceled and they had an exact match to my pre-order.

If you've been assigned a VIN and you've committed to that vehicle - delivery will happen. Sounds to me like you missed the window early on for a LE due to allocation. But with someone else canceling you snuck back in. Be patient, as others will attest, the delivery date may still slide - but your VIN is your VIN. If you complete the paperwork and funding for that one you'll get it. (Assuming it doesn't end up getting totaled on it's way to you like the one we saw last week ;) ).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too got a similar call back in Feb. Nov '18 pre-order - delivery end of March '22. So I'm almost 2 months into ownership and have no regrets. Someone had canceled and they had an exact match to my pre-order.

If you've been assigned a VIN and you've committed to that vehicle - delivery will happen. Sounds to me like you missed the window early on for a LE due to allocation. But with someone else canceling you snuck back in. Be patient, as others will attest, the delivery date may still slide - but your VIN is your VIN. If you complete the paperwork and funding for that one you'll get it. (Assuming it doesn't end up getting totaled on it's way to you like the one we saw last week ;) ).
Untrue... your VIN is not your VIN. take it from me Vin assigned all 8 steps done. Delivery set... then canceled new VIN needed to be assigned. Original Vehicle/Vin is now undeliverable.NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY. ONLY STATE "QUALITY" ISSUE 24 HOURS BEFORE DELIVER. ASSIGNING ME AN LE VIN NUMBER 2000 EARLY... Now I have doubts what's wrong with this vehicle ....

SO good luck....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received my 8-Step Process email yesterday, with VIN . . . began getting all my ducks in a row, fingers crossed.

@RivianPanda - I really hope you get an explanation, your situation must be infuriating, especially with limited communication as to why.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well things appear to be moving fast . . . received a call today that the vehicles is ready for delivery :eek:

I am still organizing my financing, so I had to push my delivery date to May 27th.

They either don't know, can't tell me, the origin story of the vehicle . . . VIN is in the low 1000's and it has 100 miles on it, so trying to figure out the history, curious for sure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well things appear to be moving fast . . . received a call today that the vehicles is ready for delivery :eek:

I am still organizing my financing, so I had to push my delivery date to May 27th.

They either don't know, can't tell me, the origin story of the vehicle . . . VIN is in the low 1000's and it has 100 miles on it, so trying to figure out the history, curious for sure.

The purchase agreement always says 100 miles, but the actual mileage on mine was 23. My VIN was 19xx and I didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Mine had similar "QC" issues like described by RivanPanda. They were also "undisclosed" and I've learned to live with the mystery. IMO the error made by Rivian is in setting delivery dates prior to completion of the QC process. I will say I've been through Tesla QC nightmares - and I much prefer the Rivian solution. Tesla leaves it to the end user to find the problems and then deal with multiple trips to the service centers. But I think Rivian needs better internal communication between the service center and the guide relative to if the vehicle is really ready to go or not. At least that was my experience 6 weeks ago. Hopefully Rivian has learned from those false start deliveries.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Good luck. it could be a damaged vehicle that was waiting for parts to fix.... now they fix it its good to go for delivery. I'm going to do a once over on my truck when I get it on Saturday. I'm going to take like 3 hours.... to go over every inch of the truck. I will be calling the service center that I will be receiving the truck from asking for the history.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picking up my truck this Sunday!

I was able to change from home delivery to pick up at the local Service Center, so pretty excited to be getting it a bit early.

I'll post some pictures and feedback on the pick up process next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts