Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a R1T LE reservation holder (100 miles north of NYC and deposit made April 2019). I've not received any information from a guide or any indication of delivery time. However, today I got an email to set up a conversation with a Rivian insurance representative. Has anyone else been contacted? I wonder if this is a precursor to delivery information--or maybe I'm dreaming?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Have you previously asked them about insurance? I've heard people who previously inquired are the ones getting contacted, now. I don't think it's directly linked to delivery timeline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's helpful. I did express interest when they launched the program and asked if they'd be offering it in NY. They said they'd be in touch down the road. I guess we're now down the road. I'll let folks know if I hear anything related to timing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a R1T LE reservation holder (100 miles north of NYC and deposit made April 2019). I've not received any information from a guide or any indication of delivery time. However, today I got an email to set up a conversation with a Rivian insurance representative. Has anyone else been contacted? I wonder if this is a precursor to delivery information--or maybe I'm dreaming?
I have been contacted by the Rivian insurance, Kim. Extremely nice, will get to look at my official quote tomorrow. I am a Pre holder for le addition but have not been contacted yet but my insurance was about to expire so I am curious. I Pre ordered in September of 2019. I will let you guys know how it turns out. They can still quote you without delivery dates, just give them a call or email, but be patient they are happily very busy. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
242 Posts
I asked them since my insurance is also about to expire. You do not have to have a Rivian to get the insurance. You can get it prior to your purchase.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The quote they gave me was far better than I had even dreamed, I’m going to save about $400 on my home and auto policy. Not to mention only a $30 increase in premium for switching out Ford F-150 for the Rivian. Not sure everyone will be this good but DEFINITELY worth looking at!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been contacted by the Rivian insurance, Kim. Extremely nice, will get to look at my official quote tomorrow. I am a Pre holder for le addition but have not been contacted yet but my insurance was about to expire so I am curious. I Pre ordered in September of 2019. I will let you guys know how it turns out. They can still quote you without delivery dates, just give them a call or email, but be patient they are happily very busy. ;)
We have also been in touch with Kim. Expecting quotes for bundled coverage in a day or two. No commitments on delivery dates or contact with a guide as of yet. We are in the 5K order number range, Feb 2019, R1T LE. Anxious to see the quote, hoping to see some savings!

·
Registered
225 Posts
My only concern with this type of data-driven insurance approach (based on my driving anyway) is that they will get me in with a super low rate, then flip you up once they see you driving 80 MPH on the HWY, or accelerating too quickly, or doing too many tank turns (once enabled) LOL... Of course, you could always switch carriers if they do the bait and switch thingy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts