Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI- the Morgan Stanley accounts some of us created for the DSP/IPO are "limited" accounts and you can not purchase additional/other investment stocks with these accounts.

Has anyone spoken with a MS rep regarding converting the DSP account to a "regular/full feature" account?

Thanks... Rob

·
Registered
2014 BMX X5 diesel
21 Posts
No, once everything settles (which I think finalized yesterday), I plan to transfer the shares to our regular brokerage. There's a transfer tab there that will move the shares from MS.

I can't handle too many accounts...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with a MS Advisor yesterday concerning the limitations of these DSP accounts. All we can do is sell or transfer out our Rivian shares. Can't purchase more Rivian or any other company stocks. The rep suggested to set up a free E-Trade (which is owned by MS) account for other acquisitions, etc..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
e-trade is way better... Are you saying we can move the shares to e-trade from MS? That would be awesome. I haven't looked into it.
Yes, that's what the MS Advisor told me yesterday. Is he correct, I guess we'll see.... :)

The smile above is related to the stock value today!

·
Registered
2014 BMX X5 diesel
21 Posts
NICE.. I meant online (without filling out forms), but good to know.
Did a very quick search on TD Ameritrade - didn't get to far with it. Seemed like I needed to fill out an online form then sign a physical form...seemed too much to do at the moment. Will do it eventually to centralize but got annoyed pretty quick. I hope it's actually easier than I found.

·
Registered
824 Posts
It can be done via ACAT or physical form, but you will need your MS account number. ACAT is usually done with a fee, but the fee is waived if you transfer online between MS and Etrade. However, my 9 digit MS number is not working in the E-trade transfer utility, as it requires a 10 digit MS Account number to work from the e-trade utility. Argggghhhhhh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.