Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading this article from the LA Times about how the market for bulletproof vehicles has been significantly expanding with an estimated 200,000 to 300,000 armored vehicles on streets worldwide. It got me wondering if Rivian might make the R1S bulletproof like other car companies such as Audi, BMW, and Land Rover.

It's crazy to think about but it could be an interesting option for Rivian. I think the R1S could be a great vehicle to drive around politicians and other VIPs.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
I agree, I think it would have to be done by an outside company. I have a feeling someone is going to do it just because they can. But with all the added weight it's going to ruin the range/performance.

· Registered
2 Posts
Reserve your bulletproof Rivian R1T electric truck today! You can ship your existing Rivan to Armormax or we can order and ship one right to your door. The lightweight ballistic materials from Armormax, blend seamlessly with the truck’s design. As a result, the vehicle becomes a disguised tank capable of withstanding rounds from high-powered rifles and explosive threats such as IEDs and DM-51 grenades. No need to sacrifice style for safety.

Protection B4 B5 B6

• B1-B2
Although able to withstand a 9mm, these two classes are rarely employed within armored vehicles.
  • B3-B4
These classes can withstand an assault from weapons including sporting rifles and handguns—generally, guns that are shot at a close distance and lower bullet velocity, such as a .357 Magnum (B3) or .44 Magnum (B4).
  • B5
This rating provides protection from AK-47s and other assault weapons and requires a ballistic steel thickness of at least 7.5 mm.
  • B6
This rating has a high level of security and is meant to stop armor-piercing rounds. This is among the most popular protection levels as it is still straightforward to implement while adding a huge security advantage.
  • B7
The strongest protection often offered, the B7 protection level stops various armor-piercing rounds fired from super high-velocity rifles, even sniper rifles. This is in many cases the highest feasible protection available within civilian-grade armored vehicles. Although, special purpose vehicles can and frequently do accommodate higher protection levels.
Tldr: it provides protection against pretty much anything you can get at your average gun store( like Gun Store | Guns For Sale Online ). Only is weak against specifically armor-piercing weaponery.
Looks pretty solid, b4-b6 should be really good protection.
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts