Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my R1T yesterday and really love the truck! Forest Green with Forest edge interior. This was a home delivery and it really was a great experience. Showed up on time and spent all the time I needed to learn and get questions answered. As we were going through the truck features, my delivery technician showed me the "car wash mode" which he thought was pretty cool. When put in this mode, the windows are supposed to roll up, they did not. Submitted a ticket and worked with support today doing a hard reboot of the system, which did not resolve the issue. The other item is that the seat settings options are not saved and the truck indicates that this is not available until the truck is serviced. Supposedly this is an issue that was introduced with the latest software update and requires a service technician to resolve - I believe by some kind of recalibration of the seat(s). Will be getting a mobile support visit in 2 weeks and will let y'all know how that goes.

· Registered
13 Posts
I couldn't save settings on delivery on 12/17. A software patch was pushed and everything has worked fine since then. I have used carwash mode, but haven't had the windows down when I used it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Received my R1T yesterday and really love the truck! Forest Green with Forest edge interior. This was a home delivery and it really was a great experience. Showed up on time and spent all the time I needed to learn and get questions answered. As we were going through the truck features, my delivery technician showed me the "car wash mode" which he thought was pretty cool. When put in this mode, the windows are supposed to roll up, they did not. Submitted a ticket and worked with support today doing a hard reboot of the system, which did not resolve the issue. The other item is that the seat settings options are not saved and the truck indicates that this is not available until the truck is serviced. Supposedly this is an issue that was introduced with the latest software update and requires a service technician to resolve - I believe by some kind of recalibration of the seat(s). Will be getting a mobile support visit in 2 weeks and will let y'all know how that goes.
Update - I noticed that there were 4 messages regarding the windows needing to be reset so I did that - that resolved the car wash mode issue and the windows not going up! To reset a window, hold the down button for 5 seconds and then the up button for 5 seconds. You need to use the button on the door of the window, not the buttons on the driver door (except for the driver side window). I still have the message regarding the seat position saving and not being available until services, but happy I was able to get the other issue resolved.

· Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. 👏

· Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with seats not saving positions with the same error message. Set up a service appointment. The mobile service engineer plugged his laptop into my truck to reset the seats. It has been working correctly since. I asked, and unfortunately, this can only be done by Rivian. I had issues with my seats not working before the last software update but the last software update did add the service needed message. BTW - my windows were reset at the same time.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to provide a quick update - Rivian support visited this week Monday and arrived in the evening after attending to a couple other appointments. He drove from KC to Iowa and put in a heck of a long day. Had really interesting conversations with him about the tools for support and got a bit of an inside tech look of the infrastructure of the truck very cool info. He stayed well into the evening working with me on questions, addressing the seat calibration issue, finding another small issue with noise coming from the steering column when adjusting the steering wheel (opened a new ticket) and also trying to help diagnose why a conditioning pump on the front right of the vehicle wants to stay on at times when charging with 110 V in my garage - it should not do that per his comments. Wasn't able to get that resolved and that ticket remains open. Not a real big issue for me but it does chew up about half of the charge being put into the truck when it happens and I charge at work with higher voltage where that doesn't seem to happen. Would like to get it resolved however.

Overall, a really good support experience, knowledgeable guy, and very open to answering questions and giving me a peek into the depths of the technology that controls the truck. I'll give an A for the first experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts