Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every cruise control I've ever used included a feature that allowed you to push a button to pause the cruise control effectively turning it off but with a memory. And a button to resume at the previous speed. I'm kind of surprised the R1T does not have this feature. Thoughts?

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
66 Posts
I used to see resume but it's been so long I forgot about it. It's pretty simple with modern cars to engage at whatever speed you're going and adjust back to what you want. So long as the "speed up" and "slow down" control is good, I think resume is unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to see resume but it's been so long I forgot about it. It's pretty simple with modern cars to engage at whatever speed you're going and adjust back to what you want. So long as the "speed up" and "slow down" control is good, I think resume is unnecessary.
Ok. But I do not agree. For me, and possibly only for me, a pause and resume function would be useful. And I will bet you a nickel that it appears in a future update to the software.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, not just you, I’ve been complaining about the lack of resume since my 2 hour delivery drive home from the SC. Who the hell would design a cruise control WITHOUT resume??
U
Ok. But I do not agree. For me, and possibly only for me, a pause and resume function would be useful. And I will bet you a nickel that it appears in a future update to the software.
i like the tesla system. When you engage cruise it takes you to the posted speed limit. You can also set it to go above or below the limit. No need for resume

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was a joke...it resumes adaptive cruise control, but not the same speed. I understand it isn't what the OP meant. It does have an automatic pause if you're following someone that stops. You tap the accelerator and it resumes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A Resume function on cruise control is entirely to be expected in virtually any car with cruise control. This is not an innovation; it's a present necessity, particularly for cruising on the interstate.

Rivian needs to come out of its innovative revery and just do an OTA to add a cruise control Resume function.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Resume function on cruise control is entirely to be expected in virtually any car with cruise control. This is not an innovation; it's a present necessity, particularly for cruising on the interstate.

Rivian needs to come out of its innovative revery and just do an OTA to add a cruise control Resume function.
Exactly.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It really is not needed, it has adaptive cruise that adjust to vehicle speed in front of you. The old pause and resume was needed for the old style cruise control where you needed to pause it when getting into a congested area.

I have never once thought I needed or wish I had a pause/resume on my Tesla.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not all features appeal to, or are desirable for, all customers. I've never used adjustable lumbar support ... but I would be really surprised if I bought a car that did not have it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It really is not needed, it has adaptive cruise that adjust to vehicle speed in front of you. The old pause and resume was needed for the old style cruise control where you needed to pause it when getting into a congested area.

I agree. Kind of my point from earlier post....I know it's sooo inconvenient to have to press the stalk down twice, but I can't think of a situation with ADAPTIVE cruise control that you would need to press a button to pause and press a button to resume.

·
Registered
70 Posts

My experience has been different.

I drive a 2019 Subaru outback. It is the first car I’ve driven that has adaptive cruise control. I love it and it is a great innovation. So glad that Rivian has it.

But when I have to brake due to some traffic exigency, I have to engage “resume“ in order to return to my Adaptive Cruise Control programmed speed and interval.

So, while not something that I have to use constantly, it is a very common feature and one which is very useful in appropriate circumstances.

It is also virtually an industry standard in American automobiles.

There is no reason I can think of for Rivian not to provide this feature. Other, that is, that they simply haven’t done so.

Wake up, RJ, and smell the coffee. Make this change so the rest of us, your loyal customers, can stop talking about this simple feature and correction.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

It is definitely needed in the R1T. If you’re using driver+ you get notifications like “road information unavailable, take control” and it beeps aggressively at you unless you push up on the stalk, which cancels not only driver+ but also drops you out of cruise control. To get back to ACC you need to push down on the stalk which resets your speed. They need a resume.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having a Tesla for a few months now, I don't miss the "resume". For me that feature was only important when car had analog speedo it was hard to set the speed you want. Now I set the cruise speed quickly to the speed I want before I'm at that speed. Then adaptive cruise manages the slowdowns.
I don't need to disengage very often. If I have to its not that big of a deal to turn cruise back on.
IMHO, adaptive cruise is a paradigm in the way we drive and makes some things. unnecessary.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Every car I’ve had with ACC had some kind of a “resume” function. Even the Tesla would bring you back up to the speed limit with a tap. Do I don’t think ACC & resume are mutually exclusive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts