Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
@IThinkFreely - if you're that convinced Rivian is going bankrupt, why are you still waiting for one? You should ask for your $1000 back while they still have money, then breathe a sigh of relief that you've dodged a bullet. Me, I'm sure the company will succeed but I have no desire to try to argue that point.
Bankrupt doesn't mean the R1T disappears. It doesn't mean much of anything other than a failure of 'Phase 1' for the company. They'll be bought out, acquired by a legacy company perhaps. They have infrastructure and tangible assests. I think the R1 platform survives. RJ not so much.

Reactions: TessP100D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Long story short. I’m getting cold feet. I’ve driven the same car for the last 18 years and have put 220k miles on it. Never spent this much on a vehicle.
Love the idea of electric and have reservations for both the lightning and R1T and my number came up first for R1T after changing my config. Theoretically I can pick it up Saturday if I sign for my financing tomorrow…

just getting cold feet with economy being like it is etc. but at the same time inflation numbers have been so crazy that I feel like if I wait a year I won’t be able to get a truck for this price. I want to use this and drive this until a lightning comes up for me and then choose which I like best and sell the other.
I would think resale on R1T especially given limited supply will still be good. Of course the risk is that something happens or company goes under. If there’s bad press like an R1T catches fire and burns down an orphanage or something good luck selling one.

so. Current owners. Given bad AC , no android/CarPlay, poor text integration, and some other flaws etc. are you happy? Would you purchase again?
Yeah Rivian has it's flaws, but the underlying goodness of this truck is what makes it. I find myself driving with the radio turned off, just to hear that silent whine of the motors. Peacefull. They are still selling at auctions for $110,000! My advice, buy it now. You won't be sorry. If times get to be too hard, you could always sell it and make your money back. So my advice, a Compass Yellow R1T!

·
Registered
9 Posts
so. Current owners. Given bad AC , no android/CarPlay, poor text integration, and some other flaws etc. are you happy? Would you purchase again?
I've had mine 2 weeks and I would totally purchase again
  • The lack of carplay doesn't bother me, the maps have worked well for me on our first 500 mile roadtrip. Carplay tries to take over your phone too much and won't let you do other things while carplay is running so I don't mind avoiding that.
  • This thing is so fast, it's unreal
  • Fast charging was fine but indeed the network needs to be built out more. I think we have plenty of <50kw chargers, we need people to immediately increase the number of 350kw stations though. The network pales in comparison to the supercharger network.
  • I just want a real door unlock button on the driver and passenger side doors. Having this buried in the screen or on the phone is ANNOYING. My wife wants to get out of the car and be able to open up the rear door for the kids without having to get back into the vehicle or find the unlock on your phone. Super dumb mistake on the part of Rivian.

·
Registered
Launch Edition
96 Posts
I've had mine 2 weeks and I would totally purchase again
  • The lack of carplay doesn't bother me, the maps have worked well for me on our first 500 mile roadtrip. Carplay tries to take over your phone too much and won't let you do other things while carplay is running so I don't mind avoiding that.
  • This thing is so fast, it's unreal
  • Fast charging was fine but indeed the network needs to be built out more. I think we have plenty of <50kw chargers, we need people to immediately increase the number of 350kw stations though. The network pales in comparison to the supercharger network.
  • I just want a real door unlock button on the driver and passenger side doors. Having this buried in the screen or on the phone is ANNOYING. My wife wants to get out of the car and be able to open up the rear door for the kids without having to get back into the vehicle or find the unlock on your phone. Super dumb mistake on the part of Rivian.
For the last one, change your setting so that when you park, all the doors unlock, not just the driver's. That way it's presented when she gets out.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts