Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MK'S-RT1! What issues are you having with your air conditioning? Is it not cold or strong enough?
Both not cold enough and lack of flow, plus the venting placement is not great, I am having a ceramic tint installed in a few days hopefully that will help. I personally think that the AC is having a hard time cooling down the cabin, Especially when I at home because the truck is outside in the sun, they really should have offered a shade for the roof

·
Registered
8 Posts
not sure if this will resinate but I'll toss it out anyway. We've got 2 older Tesla's that both are old enough to include free supercharging. We've had our R1T since March. I drive the R1T every day. For the most part the T's stay in the garage. Sold my F-150 shortly after getting the R1T. I do miss the F-150 (marginally) but I'll get over it. I'm willing to deal with the missing software in the R1T, the lack of a reliable charging network, the potential of bugs that could leave me on the side of the road for hours... If it helps I also drove a Yoda for ± 14 years and put over 250k miles on it. There was a time when I thought I'd never sell that truck. My advice - keep your fond memories of the old work horse and move on to the new pony that'll most likely surprise you with how versatile and powerful it can be.

I’m in the same boat here. Was an original Model S owner, then bought my wife a Model X.
Loved our Teslas….. will never go back to gasoline cars.
Love my R1T more.

I was an early adopter with Tesla and expect there will be issues with the Rivian as well. But I trust that Rivian will take care of me, as Tesla did.

I have been super impressed with the Rivian and don’t think you’ll regret it.

I was like you when I got my Model S. I was nauseous over spending so much money on a car. But I’ve loved the past 10yrs and 120k miles. And I dare say the thing saved my life in an accident once. Can’t put a price on that.

And my $100k Tesla runs as well as it did when it was new. Sold it for $35k, how’s that for retaining its value. I expect the Rivian will be the same.

Buy the Rivian
You will love it!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Reserved 3/20/2021, delivered 6/27/22, R1T/FG/BM/Adventure/Large Pack/21”.

1,700 miles and no issues. Highway and around town.

Totally happy with purchase and delivery process. Service is proactive and very responsive. Guide is also excellent.

Hands down the best driving experience I have had in 50+ years of driving. Smooth effortless acceleration, no exhaust, no gas stations, charge at home, all around vehicle (around town, off road, truck stuff, towing, camping), perfect size!!! Also, does not look like millions of other ‘puffed up” huge trucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had mine since June and love it. Launch green edition with green interior. My previous car was top of the line Model X Tesla and the Rivian is wonderful. More refined interior. Better car at launch than my first Tesla by an order of magnitude. This is my first truck and I truly love the ride, the looks, the feel of this car. I would purchase again. Having owned several EV's, critical in my mind is getting a car charger installed in your garage. This just makes it so easy. Start every day with a full tank. Have fun!. Enjoy your new car!
Several months later and still loving my Rivian! Simply wow! I also only recently started using built in Alexa and I now love my R1T even more. Fantastic integration and built in commands for controlling all aspects of the R1T. Such an amazing vehicle!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts