Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share my MTN bike experience with the rivian. First, my old mtn bike (stumpjumper) fits in the bed if i take off the front tire. This is the old style smaller wheels (26 inch). My new specialized Levo e-bike has 27,5 wheels and I opted for a tailgate pad. Here is a cideo of the install and the R1T with it in back.
Short youtube of pickup,pad install on rivian.

One complaint is the velcro straps are not designed for e-bikes wider tube, so i had to add an extension. Hope this is helpful to the community.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI, Rivian sells an extended length gear guard cable that goes well with this accessory.
@RivianRex did you order it or will be?
I tried the pretzel tie someone told me about after video and it works with short cable. Yeah!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wanted to share my MTN bike experience with the rivian. First, my old mtn bike (stumpjumper) fits in the bed if i take off the front tire. This is the old style smaller wheels (26 inch). My new specialized Levo e-bike has 27,5 wheels and I opted for a tailgate pad. Here is a cideo of the install and the R1T with it in back.
Short youtube of pickup,pad install on rivian.

One complaint is the velcro straps are not designed for e-bikes wider tube, so i had to add an extension. Hope this is helpful to the community.
Nice. Thanks for sharing. When i get my truck, I’ll be using a bike rack to carry my bike though not sure how that will work if the tailgate is opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts