Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know what was the date of build on the R1T? I have looked for a sticker or plate on the vehicle and can't seem to find one, however on the bottom of the Monroney Price Sticker, I do see a date, but not sure if that is a manufacturing date or not.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am not aware of any means to determine the exact build date of your vehicle. Years ago, I owned a limited edition Corvette that I wanted to track down all the build documentation from the Bowling Green Assembly plant. I used my contacts within GM, to get copies of all the router paperwork used when the vehicle was being built. I did this to establish a complete and total history and pedigree of the car. Even with all that paperwork an documentation, there were no exact dates of builds. Only an approximate date range.

I say that because having worked in GM vehicle assembly plants about the ONLY items in the plant that are tied to a build date and time are any modules that have to be IR gun scanned into the assembly plant computer. This tells the master computer the vehicle X was build with corner module # 123 on this date. This data is used to issue future recall notices (if necessary).

The last time a vehicle (fully) gets scanned is when the vehicle goes through its last inspection called "DVT" (Dynamic Vehicle Test). This is where the " rubber finally meets the road" and everything is tested. Once the vehicle has passed DVT, it basically gets a final inspection, the Monroney Sticker and out to a holding yard (shipped to commerce) awaiting a truck to take it to the dealership that has ordered the vehicle.

So long story longer, there is no real good way to nail down a build date from your vehicle. The best guess (but this could change) is the last 6 digits of the VIN is a build sequence for that model year. 000001 is better than 100000.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yet as @Jezroj points out, most vehicles have a door sticker with a “Date of Manufacture”. So it seems to be a thing (regulatory requirement even maybe?). But maybe each manufacturer is free to determine at one point in the assembly process that date is assigned?

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
142 Posts
How do you know what was the date of build on the R1T? I have looked for a sticker or plate on the vehicle and can't seem to find one, however on the bottom of the Monroney Price Sticker, I do see a date, but not sure if that is a manufacturing date or not.
Hmm that is interesting. The date on my sticker is the day it was sent to me, but maybe that was also the day it was built. My guide did say that day that it was just about to finish production.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if the VIN is "really" indicative of the sequence # of build? I just got the VIN for my R1T and the last four digits are 79xx...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if the VIN is "really" indicative of the sequence # of build? I just got the VIN for my R1T and the last four digits are 79xx...
Just got my serial number an hour ago and it too has 79xx!! Does anyone have last 4 digits above 8000? Got mine through R1T Shop - not exactly what I ordered initially but close enough to accept now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got my serial number an hour ago and it too has 79xx!! Does anyone have last 4 digits above 8000? Got mine through R1T Shop - not exactly what I ordered initially but close enough to accept now.
I can guess yours - mine is 1 less than that. I got mine through the shop. My guide let me know the truck "has left the factory" but can't track where it is now. I am in Northern California, so the truck is going to the South San Francisco service center for inspection pre-delivery. @TVC2022 - you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can guess yours - mine is 1 less than that. I got mine through the shop. My guide let me know the truck "has left the factory" but can't track where it is now. I am in Northern California, so the truck is going to the South San Francisco service center for inspection pre-delivery. @TVC2022 - you?
Haven't yet even talked with guide! Mine going to Northern Michigan so truck probably going to service center in Plymouth, Mi. Interestingly enough, was just at service center day before yesterday taking First Mile test ride. Did not see one like that there! When did you order yours - just curious. Can't believe all these trucks are being produced with no specific order in mind. I had wanted the 20" tires but none had those in shop. Changed to 22" and signed PO. Glad to hear it's already left the factory. Thought it might just be entering production.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I placed the reservation June of 2020. I found one in the shop that was close - I wanted the green interior (ended up with black) and the rock guard plate. The one I ended up with didn't have the plate - hoping this can be added later if need be.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look on the Driver's side B pillar, there is a placard with a built date. I circled mine in yellow
Rectangle Font Ink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess I did not look close enough. Did not pay much attention to that number, thought it was the standard tire pressure sticker, not the manufacturing information. Thank you for pointing it out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts