Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a deposit down on a R1S. Never seen one in the flesh. Never owned a BEV. Just plain blind faith. Now begins my first-world problem of an agonising wait. Rivian said after 2022. Not sure if that is 2023 or 2033. In-the-mean-time, I will plan the dastardly deed of getting rid of my 500hp car on some unsuspecting git who will be very popular with the local law enforcement. I'm in TX. Would love to meet up for coffee with any current owners. They've been the lore of legends-rarely seen in the wild.

Please, share your wisdom or frail attempt at humour (like I did above). Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats!

Gear up for waiting, I ordered my R1S in November 2021 and the expected delivery is H2 2023.

EV's are fun! you will not regret it. I switched from my 420hp muscle car to a 670hp Tesla. Not a single regret!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on dipping your toe in the BEV water @iansriv.

I too will be a first time EV owner when the Rivian I placed a pre-order for back in the sprng of 2020 is delivered. At that point, I had retired after nearly five decades in the workforce and wanted a forever car. I did not know at the time that "forever" applied mainly to the wait time to actually get a Rivian (cue sarcasm emoji).

All joking aside, I would counsel you to keep your expectations low relative to delivery. What Rivian is attempting is enormously difficult under the best of circumstances, something that is certainly not the case presently. You won't be disappointed if you set your delivery expectations low.

In my case, my expectation is that the R1S Longer Range that I want, but cannot actually configure yet, will be in my driveway in late 2025.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts