Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Well, apparently you’re expected to have a machine shop to make your own jack pucks unless you buy the spare tire. So why not design your own compatible lumber rack? :rolleyes:
I have a concept in my head and have run it by a few manufacturers. I'm looking for a manufacturer that'll bite and run with it. I really don't care about making any money on the idea - I just want the functionality for the truck. Basically one could install the two cross bars on the truck roof. Then manufacture a 3td cross bar for the rear most bed mount that is high enough to be level with the roof mounts. That taller cross bar could have a diagonal cross bar reaching forward to the front bed mounts in order to create rigidity.

· Registered
1,680 Posts
I have a concept in my head and have run it by a few manufacturers. I'm looking for a manufacturer that'll bite and run with it. I really don't care about making any money on the idea - I just want the functionality for the truck. Basically one could install the two cross bars on the truck roof. Then manufacture a 3td cross bar for the rear most bed mount that is high enough to be level with the roof mounts. That taller cross bar could have a diagonal cross bar reaching forward to the front bed mounts in order to create rigidity.
Have you spoken with Yakima?

I would assume they considered this and must have found something impractical about it.

· Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
147 Posts
I've ordered a second set of crossbars to see if I can modify them to align the roof with the bed. If I can get it done reasonably, I'll try to update here. We are so busy, I'm not sure I can get the mill time I need. We'll see. Don't really need to gusset the back one since the two front ones are fixed position by the roof. You would just need to remember not to only tie to the rear bar, which would be odd anyway.

· Registered
83 Posts
head light & windshield wiper controls, manual vent controls, having my phone automatically connect for music, having visibility of different systems at once vs all on screen control, and my biggest issue is leaving the vehicle with everything running.

While I am sure there are workarounds for some of the above, I miss the simplicity of these on my ICE vehicles
Headlight and wiper controls are on the left stick - pretty easy. Brightness controls in the menu are difficult to get to but I did get used to finding it quickly.

· Registered
31 Posts
head light & windshield wiper controls, manual vent controls, having my phone automatically connect for music, having visibility of different systems at once vs all on screen control, and my biggest issue is leaving the vehicle with everything running.

While I am sure there are workarounds for some of the above, I miss the simplicity of these on my ICE vehicles
How are headlight and windshield wipers controlled? That and no way to dim the lights are causing me to reconsider.

· Registered
27 Posts
Current owners, are there any “table stakes” missing from your R1T that you miss from your Tundra, F150, Silverado or other contemporary ICE vehicle? For example, Homelink.

While I’m excited to get the truck, I just don’t want to be to surprised by some of the creature comforts I’m used to being missing.
Apple car play, apple car play and apple car play but it doesn't seem like they are listening

· Registered
82 Posts
Lumber rack or better a cap with racks and operating side panels, APPLE CAR PLAY, a bin to replace the speaker that doesn’t connect with its own truck-maybe with a charger built in?. I’m working around my truck all day on jobs, why can’t I tell it to stay unlocked? Also I usually get out about 20 feet before it locks… that’s enough time for someone to slip in and steal something. I agree the fob/phone/card should immediately unlock the doors without having a wake up delay.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts