Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had some aluminum hub rings cut. The Rivian hub is 2.53 and the Dodge wheel bore was like 2.7 as I recall but would verify. My wheels were satin and I had them stripped and powder coated. Center cap is 2.5" on the Dodge wheel and I found some nice blank caps and added the Rivian compass logo then epoxy coated them smooth.
What was your clearance between caliper and wheel? Mine is paper thin. Definitely doesn’t rub but under load does any of that change? I’m scared. :)

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
224 Posts
I’ve got one front mounted with the correct custom ring. The clearance from the caliper is paper thin. Not sure if this will work??
View attachment 8550
That looks really tight. I wouldn't run that. Any little bit of dirt and you will be rubbing. Maybe a really thin spacer would help (like 5mm). What wheels are these? I have some of the Ram wheels sitting here that I haven't test fit yet, but yours look to have more of a squared spoke then what I have. I might have to do a test fit tonight (I think my rings should be here today).

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks really tight. I wouldn't run that. Any little bit of dirt and you will be rubbing. Maybe a really thin spacer would help (like 5mm). What wheels are these? I have some of the Ram wheels sitting here that I haven't test fit yet, but yours look to have more of a squared spoke then what I have. I might have to do a test fit tonight (I think my rings should be here today).
I thought they were the ones said to fit. Here are the markings from the inside.
Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Grey Wheel

Automotive tire Automotive design Material property Tints and shades Rim

Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Material property

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Vehicle

Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Grey Rim

Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Vehicle door Fixture

Automotive lighting Automotive design Yellow Vehicle door Helmet

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
224 Posts
What does the front of the spoke look like? He mentioned two wheels that look similar 2363 and 2495, but 2495 had an issue with clearance. The spokes look much thicker.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Automotive design

I went out and put one of the 2363s on my truck. You can see here there is no issue at all with brake clearance, over 9/16 of an inch.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Amber Automotive design Automotive tire Font

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Helmet

Now that I have the 5 I wanted, I am going to have them stripped and coated in gloss graphite black Cerakote (color shown here with a gloss top coat).
Sleeve Font Logo Fashion accessory Brand

I am going with the OE Pirelli tire, but in 275/60R20 so I don't have to mess with having it reprogrammed. If they change the system to allow the user to select tire size, I may go with the stock size, but probably not, the 60 is much cheaper, and only slightly lower in load rating, but still well above the axle limits.

The last piece of my setup is getting TPMS. I will work on that while my friend is coating the wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What does the front of the spoke look like? He mentioned two wheels that look similar 2363 and 2495, but 2495 had an issue with clearance. The spokes look much thicker.

View attachment 8576

View attachment 8577
I went out and put one of the 2363s on my truck. You can see here there is no issue at all with brake clearance, over 9/16 of an inch.
View attachment 8584
View attachment 8585
View attachment 8586
View attachment 8587
Now that I have the 5 I wanted, I am going to have them stripped and coated in gloss graphite black Cerakote (color shown here with a gloss top coat).
View attachment 8588
I am going with the OE Pirelli tire, but in 275/60R20 so I don't have to mess with having it reprogrammed. If they change the system to allow the user to select tire size, I may go with the stock size, but probably not, the 60 is much cheaper, and only slightly lower in load rating, but still well above the axle limits.

The last piece of my setup is getting TPMS. I will work on that while my friend is coating the wheels.
Who mentioned the 2495 had an issue with clearance? That is exactly what I have because I thought Flyin7 said those were the ones that worked. I never heard of the 2363's before now. But yes, that is the issue. I have the 2495 and they have and issue with clearance. I guess I need the 2363's. Unless I can run the 3mm spacers with the 2495's.

What's the offset for the 2363's? Did you get hubcentric rings made? Where did you get them?

Thanks btw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Who mentioned the 2495 had an issue with clearance? That is exactly what I have because I thought Flyin7 said those were the ones that worked. I never heard of the 2363's before now. But yes, that is the issue. I have the 2495 and they have and issue with clearance. I guess I need the 2363's. Unless I can run the 3mm spacers with the 2495's.

What's the offset for the 2363's? Did you get hubcentric rings made? Where did you get them?

Thanks btw.
I found the thread where Flyin7 discusses the 2363s. That is definitely the wheel to go with. Especially with our testing proving that out.
I'm going to try the 2495s with 3mm spacers. I have the spacers already. Assuming they cause no issues with the fenders or in the rear that will be my setup. If there are any issues with the spacers I'll sell the 2495s and pickup a set of 2363s and have them painted satin black...
Let me know when you have your TPMS figured out. I'm going to need that regardless of the wheel I use...

Thanks again.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts