Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Bucks County! Been driving Teslas for over 5 years now, but looking forward to my R1T. Got it configured with Adventure Package, El Cap Granite, and 21" Road wheels.

May consider getting the tent with cargo crossbars later.

Anyone else in the area?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello from Philly suburbs! Been driving Teslas for over 5 years now, but looking forward to my R1T. Got it configured with Adventure Package, El Cap Granite, and 21" Road wheels.

May consider getting the tent with cargo crossbars later.

Anyone else in the area?
Hello! I'm in Delco and am reserved for a R1S in Adventure package, Forest Green on black.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Delco here too, presently have an R1T with the Max Battery Package on order. I have a small teardrop camper, so need the largest battery pack but am not a truck guy, and think I prefer the Land Roverish look of the R1S. The R1T is very handsome for a truck though, and has appeal for other reasons.

For one, the R1T Max will be available much sooner; Rivian expects to start deliveries in Jan 2022 and also unlike the S, the configurator allows you to add the large battery now. For the R1S, Rivian will only commit to an "announcement" about the Max in the first quarter of next year. I suspect that means deliveries won't start until much later in the year, or even 2023. The pickup also has the very cool gear tunnel and more importantly for those of us who ski, the flip down hatches. So we now easily can get to our top boxes (important because the R1T bed is too short to hold most skis), and we have a convenient place to sit and change into ski boots. Most importantly, if you're towing (or off-roading) and have tire trouble, the R1T has a full-size spare; the R1S probably won't have room for one.

I would like to see both models in the flesh, and will wait until I have that chance to make a final selection. There should be plenty of time for that, primarily because I ordered fairly late (June 2020) and also because deliveries are said to be based around Rivian service centers. I strongly suspect that Philly will be among the last major cities for that - we're not slated for a showroom either - but would be happy to be proved wrong on all counts.

I'm also very eager for the test drive program to roll out so I can see and drive each model. I'm willing to go to Brooklyn or even Normal for a test ride if Philly gets snubbed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Delco here too, presently have an R1T with the Max Battery Package on order. I have a small teardrop camper, so need the largest battery pack but am not a truck guy, and think I prefer the Land Roverish look of the R1S. The R1T is very handsome for a truck though, and has appeal for other reasons.

For one, the R1T Max will be available much sooner; Rivian expects to start deliveries in Jan 2022 and also unlike the S, the configurator allows you to add the large battery now. For the R1S, Rivian will only commit to an "announcement" about the Max in the first quarter of next year. I suspect that means deliveries won't start until much later in the year, or even 2023. The pickup also has the very cool gear tunnel and more importantly for those of us who ski, the flip down hatches. So we now easily can get to our top boxes (important because the R1T bed is too short to hold most skis), and we have a convenient place to sit and change into ski boots. Most importantly, if you're towing (or off-roading) and have tire trouble, the R1T has a full-size spare; the R1S probably won't have room for one.

I would like to see both models in the flesh, and will wait until I have that chance to make a final selection. There should be plenty of time for that, primarily because I ordered fairly late (June 2020) and also because deliveries are said to be based around Rivian service centers. I strongly suspect that Philly will be among the last major cities for that - we're not slated for a showroom either - but would be happy to be proved wrong on all counts.

I'm also very eager for the test drive program to roll out so I can see and drive each model. I'm willing to go to Brooklyn or even Normal for a test ride if Philly gets snubbed.
Funny I started with a R1S and swapped to a R1T because I have always had a truck. I also think the R1S looks better, however, I use a pickup bed a lot working around the house. I also did not want the 3 rows but did want the LE version, so truck it is! Either way I am sure we both will be happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Downingtown here....placed my order Nov 27, 2018. R1T El Cap Granite, Launch Edition. Glad to see there are others with orders in the region. However, couldn't wait any longer and recently bought a Polestar 2 as a commuter vehicle. I may switch my Rivian to the Max battery pack.

·
Registered
120 Posts
. . . However, couldn't wait any longer and recently bought a Polestar 2 as a commuter vehicle. I may switch my Rivian to the Max battery pack.
Same story on the need for an interim vehicle, though but in my case it's a Telluride. And unlike you, my pre-order has only been in place for about 18 months, and I need the Max, so delivery of mine is pretty far down the road. Still, I hope to have the Rivian by sometime in 2023.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts