Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from Rivian on June 11, stating my delivery date is being changed from May to June 2022, until 2023 because I live in Idaho, not close to a service center. I ordered the Launch addition to receive the earliest possible delivery. My preorder date was Oct 2020.
Anyone else bumped due to their location?

Hi David,
Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.
Your Launch Edition R1T estimated delivery window is first half of 2023
Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Are you sure it's because of your location? These emails just give a list of general reasons - not specific to your order. I have an LE preorder about the same date as you, and mine also got delayed from May/June, but my window is now Oct/Nov. In my case, it's likely because of my Ocean Coast interior, but again all I got told was the same general reasons.

Rivian has been saying location will be a factor in delivery timing since the configurator went live in Nov 2020. That's a rather big delay just due to your location, but perhaps they are finding out that trying to deliver to places far away from a service center has been a mistake. I think "current configuration" has a much bigger impact, since we know for a fact that certain configurations aren't being produced right now (e.g. OC interior, Max pack, Explorer edition) or have supply problems (e.g. wheel choice).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have any friends on the West coast? Change your delivery address to their address. Just be prepared that if something happens, you might be paying to ship the vehicle to their address to get service.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Have any friends on the West coast? Change your delivery address to their address. Just be prepared that if something happens, you might be paying to ship the vehicle to their address to get service.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard from Rivian CS that you’ll need to show a drivers license from the state of the delivery address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Las Vegas there's an up and running service center here. But my May-June 2022 was push to October-November 2022.

Mine's a very generic configuration:
Launch Edition
Launch Green
Black Mountain
20" AT Wheels
Nov 2020 order date.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally from Idaho....great place but I keep telling people it's terrible cause I want to go back sometime :)

I have a friend in Boise who got his a few weeks ago. They delivered his to his house. Given my experience (dead fuse, chipped paint, tearing weatherstip), it makes sense that they're delivering to customers near service centers because a large percentage need additional touches -_-

Sorry man, but it's worth the wait :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard from Rivian CS that you’ll need to show a drivers license from the state of the delivery address.
Use friends address to get a drivers license for OR, CA or WA. You'd only need it if the address switch worked and you got a delivery notice. Can't see why Rivian would care about a driver's licence in that state, there's no residency requirement on delivery. Paying for it is all Rivian needs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I received the same email. Said my new window was Dec-Jan23. Then two days later my assigned guide called and said it was time to start the purchase process. My account shows an assigned VIN, going through trade-in steps, etc.

He said he didn't have visibility into whether my R1T was in production or already done, but did indicate that when he engages with a customer at this stage, things typically move fairly quickly.

Bottom line, I think they're sending those "date extended" messages to lots of people but don't be surprised if you're contacted much earlier than that. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I received the same email. Said my new window was Dec-Jan23. Then two days later my assigned guide called and said it was time to start the purchase process. My account shows an assigned VIN, going through trade-in steps, etc.

He said he didn't have visibility into whether my R1T was in production or already done, but did indicate that when he engages with a customer at this stage, things typically move fairly quickly.

Bottom line, I think they're sending those "date extended" messages to lots of people but don't be surprised if you're contacted much earlier than that. My 2 cents.
I'm also not near a Rivian center, FWIW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Newby on the Rivian Owners Forum and my first post. Just to add more data points, I have an R1T on order. Had an original delivery estimate of Oct-Dec 2022. Got an email last week that mine is now supposed to be here Sep-Oct 2022. There is a Rivian Service Center in Richmond, VA - about 2.5 hours from where I live in Maryland.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a R1T in launch green that was delivered a few weeks back here in Boise. I ordered it in Nov 19’. Never asked for driver’s license upon delivery. Few minor body issues that I’m waiting on service appt for. With the nearest service center being 4+ hours away and the fact I’m still awaiting a service appt (under review), the service center delay makes some sense. The guide that delivered stated that Boise was in the next tranche of cities for service center build outs.

Hope this helps. BTW, the truck is incredible and wildly exceeded my expectations and this is coming from owning a Roush Raptor in the past.

CK

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received an email from Rivian on June 11, stating my delivery date is being changed from May to June 2022, until 2023 because I live in Idaho, not close to a service center. I ordered the Launch addition to receive the earliest possible delivery. My preorder date was Oct 2020.
Anyone else bumped due to their location?

Hi David,
Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.
Your Launch Edition R1T estimated delivery window is first half of 2023
Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.
In Boise, but I know 2023 is for me as I ordered the max pack and white interior. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sure hope you get your delivery in Idaho soon, since I’m right next door in Teton County, WY. I got the late 2021 email saying my date was 1h 2023, but I’m sure that’s been pushed back since I ordered, and really think I need out here in the West, the Max Pack. Ordered in 8/20, but did not try for a Launch Edition. Fingers crossed we both live close enough to the Salt Lake City service center for the “not near Service Center” explanation to go away. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received an email on Sat that my non-Launch Edition with OC interior was pulled in from mid-2023 to Oct/Nov 2022. So know knows what is really going on.

It really bothers me that Kyle from Out of Spec got to essentially skip the queue to get his vehicle, when I’m certain that there are customers waiting that preordered that exact configuration.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts