Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually paid the new pricing?

I put in my reservation right after the price change fiasco for the explorer package to keep the cost down.

But it looks like people that put in reservations even later (Kyle for out of spec) were given access to the store with the old pricing.

I can't see how rivian could deliver vehicles at both prices even to new reservation holders until there are no more pre price increase reservations to fill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone actually paid the new pricing?

I put in my reservation right after the price change fiasco for the explorer package to keep the cost down.

But it looks like people that put in reservations even later (Kyle for out of spec) were given access to the store with the old pricing.

I can't see how rivian could deliver vehicles at both prices even to new reservation holders until there are no more pre price increase reservations to fill.
Plenty of people with recent pre order and deliveries have paid the new pricing. It seems as if no one with a pre-order in 2021 or later is getting access to the R1-Shop. Other than that, Rivian is absolutely prioritizing location and build above earlier reservations. Kyle from Our of Spec was definitely getting special treatment in return for video coverage, no way around that. Normal people are just getting a truck when they hit bingo at whatever price their order date specifies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts