Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my concerns regarding Rivian‘s delivery plans is the possibility that they don’t want to deliver to Midwestern locations or low population density areas due to a lack of available support on their part for the product.
Just for conversation sake, let’s take a location like Arkansas. So, keeping in mind that they have committed to all LE pre-order holders being contacted by Thanksgiving, and delivery taking place as late as spring of 2022. I am pretty confident they will not have even begun development of a service center with in several hundred miles of say Little Rock or Fayetteville Arkansas, the two most populous areas of the state. I really can’t even see them investing in a traveling service vehicle in that time frame, with so few R1T or R1S’s in the region which includes neighboring states. In real world practice, it has taken Tesla 10 years and 1 million vehicles to reach our area with superchargers, mobile Service, and Service centers in Kansas City and Tulsa. Therefore I don’t see the point in delaying the delivery of vehicles to isolated locations in the hopes of better support preparation. Unless they are not going to keep the contact/delivery timeline, it makes little sense. However, I always allow for the fact that I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure I think we will be covered. The time frame may not be as quick as other locations.

I did think of one reason why they could delay our delivery due to location. If they can get a couple hundred deliveries in select areas with support already pre-positioned, The feedback from service support may help avoid those same service issues and the problems be addressed in the production process. That would be a reasonable strategy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Beyond simple economies of scale, cheaper transportation and closer proximity to planned support & service, delivery in batches to more densely populated areas with targeted demographics will be a much smarter marketing play for Rivian

·
Registered
152 Posts
IMHO the biggest impact on when we get our Rivian is production capability. Again, IMHO Rivian's production capability will be tiny in comparison to the number of pre-orders with a nearly flat ramp rate for the next 12-18 months. They are newbies at manufacturing vehicles, severely resource limited (1600+ job openings) and constrained by the current supply constraints.

There of course will be a few lucky folks that will take delivery of their LE Rivian this year.

As early adopters we have to expect delays and issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of my concerns regarding Rivian‘s delivery plans is the possibility that they don’t want to deliver to Midwestern locations or low population density areas due to a lack of available support on their part for the product.
Just for conversation sake, let’s take a location like Arkansas. So, keeping in mind that they have committed to all LE pre-order holders being contacted by Thanksgiving, and delivery taking place as late as spring of 2022. I am pretty confident they will not have even begun development of a service center with in several hundred miles of say Little Rock or Fayetteville Arkansas, the two most populous areas of the state. I really can’t even see them investing in a traveling service vehicle in that time frame, with so few R1T or R1S’s in the region which includes neighboring states. In real world practice, it has taken Tesla 10 years and 1 million vehicles to reach our area with superchargers, mobile Service, and Service centers in Kansas City and Tulsa. Therefore I don’t see the point in delaying the delivery of vehicles to isolated locations in the hopes of better support preparation. Unless they are not going to keep the contact/delivery timeline, it makes little sense. However, I always allow for the fact that I could be wrong.
I live in Oklahoma, can I come over for a ride when you get yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.