Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
The lack of responses has me worried. Seems like Rivian is struggling to get production going. I received an email saying deliveries are now planned for July?
Yes. LE holders are now pushed back starting in July and lasting through Spring 2022. They state it is due to supplier part availability and NOT related to microchip shortages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everyone who has spoken with a Guide today has been told to expect delivery in late August or September.

Essentially, it's another delay that hasn't yet been announced.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't think anyone can do anything but assume that until we know the disposition of every order before those that have reported thus far. I believe the lowest order I've seen report was in the low 1000s for order number (after dropping the -1000 order # qualifier), so there's at least hundreds of people that in theory got contacted that we haven't heard from.

As I like to remind everyone - not ever person who preordered is on this, or any other, forum. I would hazard a guess that most pre-order holders are not involved in any of the forums.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We didn't get the initial contact, but have an earlier order date in the same configuration as some of the other Seattle-area people who did. The initial contact wasn't entirely sequential and there are probably some additional gaps that aren't going to be accounted for based on ad hoc forum reports. Like most other aspects of this process that we all want to believe are clean and sequential, there's probably a method to the madness, but we won't ever fully understand it from the outside.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
We didn't get the initial contact, but have an earlier order date in the same configuration as some of the other Seattle-area people who did. The initial contact wasn't entirely sequential and there are probably some additional gaps that aren't going to be accounted for based on ad hoc forum reports. Like most other aspects of this process that we all want to believe are clean and sequential, there's probably a method to the madness, but we won't ever fully understand it from the outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our Guides have started reaching out to Launch Edition preorder holders now and will be reaching out to preorders similar to yours after Thanksgiving. Both the Adventure and Explore Package that you can preorder today are set to start deliveries January 2022 and your Guide would have all your delivery information ready to give you when they reach out for their introductions after Thanksgiving

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.