Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has an estimated delivery date for a Launch edition R1T in New York area, will it be June, July or August?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a reservation in already, wait until May and your guide will tell you.

If you don't have a reservation in, does it matter?
I have a reservation and would like to have an estimated time frame before May. They should be able to estimate based on how many vehicles can be produced before June, how many deliveries anticipated per month, etc. I don't need an exact date just a time frame.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You aren't going to get it. They've refused everyone who has asked, and believe me you're not the only one who wants to know. I have a pending lease extension decision that I'm having to put off to the very last moment so I can get that information before I make my decision on my current lease.

You'll get an answer in May, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a reservation and would like to have an estimated time frame before May. They should be able to estimate based on how many vehicles can be produced before June, how many deliveries anticipated per month, etc. I don't need an exact date just a time frame.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but certainly not today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rivian probably has an excellent and detailed forecast. But they're not likely to share it with the public.
I'm not sure how they could have a valid forecast when they are only in pre-production. So many things can go wrong from defects to supply issues to production snags. Even if they don't have any of those issues (unlikely), they will not really know their throughput production until they actually have a throughput production. That's not a knock on Rivian, that's just reality.

Rivian will be best served by being very, very conservative about delivery estimates. It's like going to a restaurant where they say the wait will be 30 minutes when they know it really will likely be 15 minutes. They over-deliver (from your viewpoint) and you're delighted. Conversely, if they say it's going to be 15 minutes and it turns out to be 30 minutes ... you're upset. Expectations matter.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not sure how they could have a valid forecast when they are only in pre-production. So many things can go wrong from defects to supply issues to production snags. Even if they don't have any of those issues (unlikely), they will not really know their throughput production until they actually have a throughput production. That's not a knock on Rivian, that's just reality.
Forecasts can factor such things in.

RJ has a PhD in Automotive Mechanical Engineering. They've got a lot of other highly-educated and experienced people running things. I'm confident they understand the risks and have considered them when making their forecasts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven’t been able to get an estimate re: when my Guide will be calling. I only know they’ll start in May and reach out to everyone personally, so it’ll take some time.

I’m and R1S launch edition, FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts