Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Wanted to get an idea of your delivery experience, particularly timing from step 7 to step 8, i've completed step 7 2 weeks ago. My guide said that the car was ready to be delivered on 9/9/22, and they were going to reach out to me the following monday to schedule delivery...I havent heard anything from my guide or the service center since 9/9, i've texted my guide and no response...anyone else have something similar like this? my thought is that they found something wrong w the car....the communication is lacking and is getting me frustrated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The only time I called and couldn't get my guide live or a call-back on the same day (he was on vacation), I asked to speak to the supervisor. I was then given prompt support. That said I haven't talked to my guide since delivery in May.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time I called and couldn't get my guide live or a call-back on the same day (he was on vacation), I asked to speak to the supervisor. I was then given prompt support. That said I haven't talked to my guide since delivery in May.
Yah, I dunno, he was really responsive before, I'm afraid if i go over his head he might not be very helpful in the future, at least up until delivery

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Time for a new guide... I would ask for it. You're not buying a bag of donuts. I am pretty low maintenance, but asking for a bump so you can get a few answers should be perfectly fine. Sounds like your guide stinks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah, so i just chatted and asked for a supervisor...and all of the sudden the chat rep said my guide would call me at noon. This is weird and dumb at the same time...Thanks! I needed the courage to ask for a supervisor ( i get super shy when stuff like this happens) i'll keep you updated with what they say....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL here we go...just got a call after escalating to a supervisor, apparently the vehicle was damaged in either shipping or during the pre delivery inspection (they dont know) but they need 3-4 weeks to repair the vehicle, then they will schedule my delivery....do i have any recourse here? should i ask for a different car? or just wait?

·
Registered
89 Posts
LOL here we go...just got a call after escalating to a supervisor, apparently the vehicle was damaged in either shipping or during the pre delivery inspection (they dont know) but they need 3-4 weeks to repair the vehicle, then they will schedule my delivery....do i have any recourse here? should i ask for a different car? or just wait?
It obviously has sustained fairly significant body damage, probably during transit and they’ve been obligated to tell you since the damage estimate is above a set criteria for your State, or perhaps Rivian itself. I personally would ask for pictures of the damage now prior to the repair, and I’d strongly think about refusing delivery on that particular vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It obviously has sustained fairly significant body damage, probably during transit and they’ve been obligated to tell you since the damage estimate is above a set criteria for your State, or perhaps Rivian itself. I personally would ask for pictures of the damage now prior to the repair, and I’d strongly think about refusing delivery on that particular vehicle.
So I totally agree, the neat thing is that I actually work down the street from the rivian SC, so I'm going to go there after work today to see if I can get some more info....I'm getting crickets again from my guide in regards to what specific damage was there and if there is any possibility to get pictures. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I totally agree, the neat thing is that I actually work down the street from the rivian SC, so I'm going to go there after work today to see if I can get some more info....I'm getting crickets again from my guide in regards to what specific damage was there and if there is any possibility to get pictures. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
went to the SC, they said they couldn't give me any info and that the guide was not supposed to tell me the car was damaged, they were super nice but not helpful in this situation. time will tell I suppose...I've let my guide know I need some details before accepting delivery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep following your post to find out what happens
quick update-- tried reaching out to my guide for pictures/details of the damage, and he said they wouldnt be able to give me any info...I told him that if thats the case it's probably better he starts looking for a new car for me b/c if i dont get details on the damages I'll refuse delivery....lets see...

·
Registered
195 Posts
My R1T was delivered 6/27/2022 to my home. The experience was excellent as was the buying experience. My guide has been very accessible and helpful. I untimely ended up self registering but that was painless.

No issues with the truck (#6920) after 1700 miles. I rate the truck 5 star WOW.

·
Registered
95 Posts
went to the SC, they said they couldn't give me any info and that the guide was not supposed to tell me the car was damaged, they were super nice but not helpful in this situation. time will tell I suppose...I've let my guide know I need some details before accepting delivery.
Could someone familiar with the auto industry please comment on this practice? Seems at the very least unethical to not disclose that a vehicle was damaged prior to delivery but maybe this is just standard practice?? Love to hear someone in the industry comment on this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I‘m not in the industry, but years ago I bought a brand new Jeep Cherokee that was dealer transferred in for me to my local dealership. I took delivery and within a couple of days took the car to have the whole front end protected with PPF. I was called by my installer who told me that when he was prepping the car he noticed ‘overspray’ on parts under the lower grill area and hence the vehicle had been repaired prior to purchase. When I took it back to the local dealership they agreed that it had probably sustained damage during transit and the original dealership or the shipping company had done the repair without my dealership being informed. The Service Manager told me that legally the shipper can repair transit damage without disclosure as long as the repair estimate isn’t greater than $500, and it was pretty common for that to happen. Hopefully what I was told was correct but I suspect the rules governing this vary state to state.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I‘m not in the industry, but years ago I bought a brand new Jeep Cherokee that was dealer transferred in for me to my local dealership. I took delivery and within a couple of days took the car to have the whole front end protected with PPF. I was called by my installer who told me that when he was prepping the car he noticed ‘overspray’ on parts under the lower grill area and hence the vehicle had been repaired prior to purchase. When I took it back to the local dealership they agreed that it had probably sustained damage during transit and the original dealership or the shipping company had done the repair without my dealership being informed. The Service Manager told me that legally the shipper can repair transit damage without disclosure as long as the repair estimate isn’t greater than $500, and it was pretty common for that to happen. Hopefully what I was told was correct but I suspect the rules governing this vary state to state.
thanks for the info here, that's good to know. hoping to hear something tomorrow from my guide, and as soon as I know I'll post!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's an update to anyone following....still crickets LOL
my guide reached out a few days ago and said he's waiting for an update....so still nothing...I'll text again tomorrow and see if that goes anywhere.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts