Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delivery experience has not been good. I got the exciting email on October 12th that my R1T was ready. It was completed and being sent to the service center in Richmond. I was told to complete the 7 steps and the final step was to schedule delivery. I was told by my guide that it could take about 2 weeks at the service center. I completed all 7 steps within a few days. Well, 5 weeks later and I’m yet to hear from anyone about delivery. My guide has not been too great. He tells me that he can’t get much information. I tried to call the service center directly but only got the main center and was told the service center does not have a direct line. At one point the guide got back to me and informed me that my vehicle sustained some minor damage and it would be ready on November 7th. Again, it’s now November 16th and still no word. Anyone with a similar experience?

· Registered
810 Posts
Mine took exactly 1 month from the 8 steps opening before I got the email saying I could schedule a delivery. That's not at all unusual - it could be shorter or longer depending on all sorts of factors, such as how they ship the vehicle (if by rail, for example, it could take a lot longer). Guides don't seem to have the ability to track the vehicle through that process.

Regardless, when it's ready for delivery you'll get an email that the 8th step is open. You can also keep checking the website several times a day.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had a similar experience. Vehicle left Normal by rail around the 15th of Oct, 7 steps complete and crickets. Guide can only tell me it’s “in transit”. Meanwhile, I just made my first payment…no vehicle, no clue when delivery will happen. I can order a toothbrush from China and track it to my door, but can’t find out where my truck is in transit. What’s even worse, the Guide cant even track it. Thats a problem.

· Registered
5 Posts
I guess I am a lucky one. I got my notice to confirm my config on 10/28, 8 steps later that same day. I spoke to my guide on 10/31 and she said the to expect delivery in 4 - 6 weeks or more or less. I took delivery yesterday (11/16).
I just confirmed configuration today. Waiting for the eight steps email. I am 2 hours or so from Normal plant. O will report back on how long the process takes. Has anyone traded a vehicle in with Rivian and have any comments on that process?

· Registered
23 Posts
I just confirmed configuration today. Waiting for the eight steps email. I am 2 hours or so from Normal plant. O will report back on how long the process takes. Has anyone traded a vehicle in with Rivian and have any comments on that process?
Rivian offered me $20,000 less than KBB trade in value for my 2017 Model S.
I sold it yesterday to a local dealer for $12,000 more than Rivian offered.

I got my 8 steps and a VIN number for my R1S the day after confirming my configuration . Hopefully will be delivered in the next 2 weeks. No delivery date assigned yet.

· Registered
2023 R1S & R1T
2 Posts
I have had a similar experience. Vehicle left Normal by rail around the 15th of Oct, 7 steps complete and crickets. Guide can only tell me it’s “in transit”. Meanwhile, I just made my first payment…no vehicle, no clue when delivery will happen. I can order a toothbrush from China and track it to my door, but can’t find out where my truck is in transit. What’s even worse, the Guide cant even track it. Thats a problem.
The whole process is unnecessarily ambiguous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts