Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expecting delivery on Tuesday. My vin is early 13k so I am optimistic body panel alignment is good.

Outside of checking that everything works (card, key, etc). Any guidance from owners in terms of build quality I should be mindful of during delivery?
Cheers!

· Registered
15 Posts
Expecting delivery on Tuesday. My vin is early 13k so I am optimistic body panel alignment is good.

Outside of checking that everything works (card, key, etc). Any guidance from owners in terms of build quality I should be mindful of during delivery?
Cheers!
Make sure you drive it fast enough to check for noise around windows, The only problem I've had is my passenger side front window whistling. Tech came out to calibrate and I'm scheduled for replacement window seal.

· Registered
403 Posts

Cheers!
Biggest issues to look for on delivery are accident related issues. Dings, dents, scratches, etc. Check the tires for any nails or screws, along with the sidewalls. Check underneath to make sure the undercarriage is undamaged. Check the interior for any tears or stains in the seats / headliners. Check the windows for any chips or cracks. Basically, you want to eliminate any issues they could come back and say "it happened on your watch". Any other issues, such as panel gaps, or wind noise or mechanical issues, can be fixed under warranty.

Best to test drive it and get it up to speed to check for any vibrations. While those can also be fixed under warranty if they exist, my bigger concern would be the potential underlying issue of why such a vibration exists. You do have 7 days to return it. But, for me, if it had major vibrations, I might want to decline delivery as it could be a problem vehicle going forward. Unlikely. But, again, even those could be fixed under warranty. I just wouldn't want to start off ownership with that type of issue. Again, unlikely your truck would have any such vibrations.

Just make sure it's clean and there are no areas of damage they could say you caused after taking delivery. Anything else can be fixed under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts