Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the E-mail I received from Rivian in December......

"To bring added clarity and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. Our goal is to give you accurate, up-to-date details about your specific preorder so you can better plan and stay more informed."

As anyone seen this in their accounts yet? Was hoping to see this get updated to determine if they're still on target for my original delivery estimated timeline. We're about a month in. Anyone see this in their account yet, or heard when it my be populated?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not a big deal but kind of a misfire for them, I think. I got the email some time ago but it's like what's the point if it's going to show up randomly sometime in the future? It's not terribly helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I keep hoping they will get that up and running as I still don’t have an estimate. My guess is it will be end of 2023 to beginning of 2024, in which case I will be getting the Hummer SUV instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rivian is apparently having production problems that we haven't heard about. There is a news story out that Rivian and Samsung (Rivian's battery supplier) have had a major falling out. Rivian's battery partnership with Samsung falls apart over 'unacceptable' demands by the electric truck maker

I currently have a scheduled delivery of an R1S in early 2023, but now this appears to be in major jeopardy. As an alternative, I decided to checkout what Chevrolet will have available in the future. (See Future & Upcoming Chevy EVs | Chevrolet ) I had been planning on replacing my current Chevrolet Equinox with a Rivian R1S, but Chevrolet's website indicates an electric Equinox will be available in late 2023.

I haven't cancelled my R1S preorder yet, but all of a sudden I open to alternatives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Per the E-mail I received from Rivian in December......

"To bring added clarity and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. Our goal is to give you accurate, up-to-date details about your specific preorder so you can better plan and stay more informed."

As anyone seen this in their accounts yet? Was hoping to see this get updated to determine if they're still on target for my original delivery estimated timeline. We're about a month in. Anyone see this in their account yet, or heard when it my be populated?

In Rivian time, I interpret "early 2022" to mean June 30, 2022.

·
Registered
504 Posts
So it seems that Rivian will just be a Samsung battery customer now vs. a partner in a joint development venture with Samsung as originally planned. Seems Rivian tried to pull an Elon move on Samsung and it didn't work.

Pro tip to Rivian.. RJ ain't Elon!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
So it seems that Rivian will just be a Samsung battery customer now vs. a partner in a joint development venture with Samsung as originally planned. Seems Rivian tried to pull an Elon move on Samsung and it didn't work.

Pro tip to Rivian.. RJ ain't Elon!!!
It was said Samsung was unwilling to meet Rivian's demands. I couldn't help but wonder if one of the demands was that Samsung be financially responsible for any of the battery packs that burst into flames?

·
Registered
R1T Adv Lg Preorder, Forest Green/Ocean
13 Posts
I've heard on another message board speculation that the delivery estimate will roll out after the March 10 sales call. Makes sense if there's a major update they want to convey then.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, so much for that happening by the end of January, which is what I think I remember hearing about the time frame this was supposed to start showing. I guess instead, they decided to try and jack up prices by 20% and figured it was pointless to show delivery estimates since a bunch of them would cancel. Now, they're still sorting out the details of unwinding that fiasco. I guess the e-mail did also say "early 2022". So, if you cut the year in half, I guess we're still "early" in 2022!! LOL

I did send them an e-mail and they replied that my delivery estimate hadn't changed since the one I received late last year. For whatever that's worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts