Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else in the same boat as I am in? Placed reservation fall of 2021 with the Max battery pack, received email stating Max pack deliveries would be late 2023, immediately changed my configuration to the Large pack, and as of now still have the delivery window of late 2023. I have been promised many times the delivery windows are being updated and still can't get a response from Rivian on when a delivery window update will be coming.

·
Registered
R1T
29 Posts
I am in a similar situation (Fall '21 reservation & late 2023 delivery for my config that includes a Max pack.) However, I am waiting until January to change my config to the Large Pack (unless by then, I change my mind and want to keep the Max Pack) and hopefully bring my delivery date up. My intent is to wait for a majority of the product birthing pains to get resolved prior to taking ownership of my R1T. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it :)

Reactions: Nexus

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok I have been lurking this forum for almost a year and your post finally made me join up and comment!

How do you know what your delivery window is? My reservation is from June 2021 and I also removed the Max Pack this last March but I do not see anywhere an indication of a future delivery window?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ok I have been lurking this forum for almost a year and your post finally made me join up and comment!

How do you know what your delivery window is? My reservation is from June 2021 and I also removed the Max Pack this last March but I do not see anywhere an indication of a future delivery window?
Rivian sent emails with delivery windows in December 2021.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yeah I saw the generic messages but have never seen anything specific to me or my order (or I did not get that email) which is what I thought the OP was talking about
If you reserved prior to December 2021, then you should have received an email with a delivery estimate for YOUR reservation.

For estimates in 2022, it was a 2-3 month time span. For estimates in 2023 it was first or second half.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone else in the same boat as I am in? Placed reservation fall of 2021 with the Max battery pack, received email stating Max pack deliveries would be late 2023, immediately changed my configuration to the Large pack, and as of now still have the delivery window of late 2023. I have been promised many times the delivery windows are being updated and still can't get a response from Rivian on when a delivery window update will be coming.
I ordered during that same window with a max pack. 2nd half 2023 delivery date and no way i am changing max pack. My current 300-mi ev seems to be just about 50 miles short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The best way to find your current delivery window is to contact Rivian via chat and they looked up my reservation. For me it is the second half of 2023 of which I questioned since I changed to the large battery pack instead of the max pack. I was told they haven't updated delivery windows yet and once again told that it would be soon (been hearing that for months now).

·
Registered
Max Pack Rivian, Red Canyon w/ FE
11 Posts
Rivian said that even if you change from a MAX pack to a large pack, it will not change your delivery window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I finally received a response from Rivian from my multiple emails on my delivery window. I received "Your Adventure package R1T estimated delivery window is December 2022 - January 2023. " which is better than I was told in the past "2nd half of 2023". This is based on my current configuration, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I finally received a response from Rivian from my multiple emails on my delivery window. I received "Your Adventure package R1T estimated delivery window is December 2022 - January 2023. " which is better than I was told in the past "2nd half of 2023". This is based on my current configuration, etc.
Not to be pessimistic, but that still doesn't mean you won't get it "2nd half of 2023" based on Rivian's apparent track record. 🤨 I hope you do 'cuz I ordered the Max pack around the same time as you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reaching out to see what the experience has been interacting with the guides? My delivery date of LE R1S was April/May which got pushed to Aug/Sept. All this as I watch the interest rate rise :mad:.

My guide was very new and initially had no clue to any of the basic questions that I knew the answer to (thanks to this forum), but was making conversation and clarifying. Every time I reach out, all I hear is "I have no update. I am sorry. As soon as I find out, I will let you know". I thought 1 month before delivery they would contact you so that the process of delivery can resume. Anyone else have a different experience? It's not that I NEED the car, but with interest rates almost doubled since my initial delivery date, it's making me think of alternatives.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reaching out to see what the experience has been interacting with the guides? My delivery date of LE R1S was April/May which got pushed to Aug/Sept. All this as I watch the interest rate rise :mad:.

My guide was very new and initially had no clue to any of the basic questions that I knew the answer to (thanks to this forum), but was making conversation and clarifying. Every time I reach out, all I hear is "I have no update. I am sorry. As soon as I find out, I will let you know". I thought 1 month before delivery they would contact you so that the process of delivery can resume. Anyone else have a different experience? It's not that I NEED the car, but with interest rates almost doubled since my initial delivery date, it's making me think of alternatives.
Once your vehicle is in the queue they will reach out to you for you to confirm your configuration. That means your vehicle will be made in the next batch of vehicles which is 4-5 week time frame according to my guide. This is also when you have your beginning guide call. Then you wait for your batch to be made and you will get an email and a text if you opt in with your guide that your 8 steps have opened. Then it's up to you to do the 8 steps, well 7, and then the delivery people will contact you for step 8.

But your configuration is confirmed and you already have a guide? That is confusing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts