Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just chatted with CS and wanted to share the results so no one else spends their time waiting in the chat line:

Updated delivery windows for all R1 preorders will be sent out near the end of October. By the end of September an update email will be sent out that will “prepare preorder holders for the October update”.

Make of this what you will. Patience is a virtue……I think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just chatted with CS and wanted to share the results so no one else spends their time waiting in the chat line:

Updated delivery windows for all R1 preorders will be sent out near the end of October. By the end of September an update email will be sent out that will “prepare preorder holders for the October update”.

Make of this what you will. Patience is a virtue……I think.
few weeks .ago... I also heard same thing from RIVIAN Rep @ Venice hub in California , however it is only for pre-orders he said ( before Mar 1st, 2022), I am waiting for that ...

thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is consistent with my CS chats as well but I don't think we'll see any detailed news until after the 3Q Earnings Call in early December. If you'll recall, this is pretty much what happened last year when most of us got delivery window emails in mid-Dec.

I'd also be willing to bet that this time around, those of us with Max orders will learn that our windows have been tightened, but have also been moved to the right. So in my case, the 1H2023 window from the Dec '21 email will now be Jan-Feb 2024.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i really wish they would provide regularly scheduled updates, even if there is little reliability on what they say.

I am currently having some issues with the vehicle I intend to keep alongside my R1S, and if I am not going to take delivery until after 1H2023 (as of last update), I may replace that now.

Can't really do two new vehicles in next 6mos but if if I have longer wait, I'm ok with it

·
Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
12 Posts
i really wish they would provide regularly scheduled updates, even if there is little reliability on what they say.

I am currently having some issues with the vehicle I intend to keep alongside my R1S, and if I am not going to take delivery until after 1H2023 (as of last update), I may replace that now.

Can't really do two new vehicles in next 6mos but if if I have longer wait, I'm ok with it
I feel the same way. I had a car totaled a few months back and I've seen folks with similar reservation dates as mine getting their R1T, so I reached out to see if I was getting close and just got a vague non-answer that I'll be updated at the end of summer...BTW, what season is it? So I bought a car that I didn't want to buy.

I remember getting an email from someone at Rivian named Tony Caravano, Head of Customer Engagement, a while back saying that he'll be keeping reservation holders more informed. I don't think I've heard anything from him since and also don't see him listed with the other executives on the company website. Just checked a little more and his Twitter & Linkedin say he is still there. I wonder what customers he is engaging with?

What would I like to hear on a regular basis?
1) Make me feel good about waiting by giving me an update of all the bugs that have been worked out since the last update and I won't have to deal with when I get my truck.
2) You did tell me about camp mode, that is cool.
3) Update me where am I in line, how many in front, how many behind.
4) How many deliveries has my service center made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all- I just took delivery of my R1S- Launch Green, Black interior, 20"AT, Underbody shields. I was a Jan 2020 reservation with an Aug/Sept delivery window- they made it by a few days. There wasn't a lot of info at all- until the 8 step purchase email showed up. Had the truck within 10 days thereafter. Delivered to Jersey Shore from the Brooklyn service center. All I can say is hang in there- communication isn't great until it's show time- then it happens fast.

Truck showed up in perfect condition. This is my first EV and it is a tech wonder. Going to take some getting used to as the touch screen controls virtually everything.- just a couple controls on the steering wheel. First impression- great build quality and acceleration is unbelievable for such a big truck. All the neighbors wondering if it's an alien spaceship.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all- I just took delivery of my R1S- Launch Green, Black interior, 20"AT, Underbody shields. I was a Jan 2020 reservation with an Aug/Sept delivery window- they made it by a few days. There wasn't a lot of info at all- until the 8 step purchase email showed up. Had the truck within 10 days thereafter. Delivered to Jersey Shore from the Brooklyn service center. All I can say is hang in there- communication isn't great until it's show time- then it happens fast.

Truck showed up in perfect condition. This is my first EV and it is a tech wonder. Going to take some getting used to as the touch screen controls virtually everything.- just a couple controls on the steering wheel. First impression- great build quality and acceleration is unbelievable for such a big truck. All the neighbors wondering if it's an alien spaceship.
My reservation was Jan 2 2020. R1S LE Midnight Black interior. I’ve heard zero….check the inbox daily, then go to the junk box, then to the physical mailbox!!!! So ready and hoping it’s soon!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My reservation was April 2019!

I reached out earlier this year to see if there were any options that I have selected that would slow things down. Within reason I would make changes to receive it sooner. Basically got a canned answer with few specifics to my situation.

Initially was told 4Q 2022 and now 1H23. Again, more frustrated by lack of updates, than what the actual content is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jan 2019 R1S pre-order here too - still have no delivery window, no First Drive invite, no guide comms. Frustrating to see more and more R1Ss on the road but get no clarity from CS at every opportunity. I live in Atlanta 7mi from their Service Center and told them I'd be happy to fly to Normal for factory pickup as I think it'd be a great experience if that helps timing. Was told it shouldnt matter since I'm so close to a Service Center. The Rivian reps are generally very nice and understanding but have no facts to share other than "based on your pre-order date you HAVE to be near the front of the queue". The glass half full part of my brain sees the QC issues with some of the R1Ts and is glad to wait for the kinks to get ironed out. But the rest of me is worried someone built a big old spreadsheet to manage preorders and at some point it got corrupted and they had to rebuild it from memory... still believe in the product and the company but yearning for some more transparency in their communications

·
Registered
521 Posts
Would love to know how many of each R1 have been produced and delivered, and how many on order. Not impressed with the very basic, non-vehicle specific data shared during earnings calls or elsewhere.
I'm also unhappy with Rivian's lack of granularity on production, deliveries and even orders. Their quarterly results state only the total numbers produced, which are 2,553 and 4,400 for Q1 & Q2 respectively. How many were R1's and EDV's is anyone's guess. They are consistent in reporting that production is on track for the 25,000 that was projected, but again, we have no insight into the breakdown by type. Getting to 25,000 by Dec from less than 7,000 produced so far this year is a tall order, and despite our grousing about the lack of data, Rivian will deserve big props for making that target.

My best guess from what's been reported in the automotive press is that there will be several thousand EDV's produced this year, probably between 5 and 10 thousand. Let's split the difference and assume 7.5k EDVs, which means 17,500 R1's. From what I can see, R1S deliveries to date are less than 1,000, and so I'd be surprised if more than 3,000 make it driveways by the end of the year. The balance of 14,500 would then be R1T's. This of course is speculation, but without any information from Rivian, what else can we do? Waiting patiently hasn't really worked out so well for many of us.

Jan 2019 R1S pre-order here too - still have no delivery window, no First Drive invite, no guide comms. Frustrating to see more and more R1Ss on the road but get no clarity from CS at every opportunity. I live in Atlanta 7mi from their Service Center and told them I'd be happy to fly to Normal for factory pickup as I think it'd be a great experience if that helps timing. Was told it shouldnt matter since I'm so close to a Service Center. The Rivian reps are generally very nice and understanding but have no facts to share other than "based on your pre-order date you HAVE to be near the front of the queue". The glass half full part of my brain sees the QC issues with some of the R1Ts and is glad to wait for the kinks to get ironed out. But the rest of me is worried someone built a big old spreadsheet to manage preorders and at some point it got corrupted and they had to rebuild it from memory... still believe in the product and the company but yearning for some more transparency in their communications
I thought that Rivian sent emails with delivery windows to all reservation holders in Dec of 2021. That appears to be a bad assumption on my part, and I wonder why you, and as I've since learned, more than few others, have not gotten that info.

The rumor (more speculation!) is that Rivian will be sending updated delivery windows soon. The end of this month has been mooted, but with only three days left, that seems unlikely. My guess however is that 2022 will be much like 2021, and Rivian will send delivery window info out in December again. I'm not expecting the new delivery windows to be shifted to the left however. Whether there will be any new info on the Max, or of a larger battery pack for the R1S (we do know for sure that the R1S Max is dead), is also anyone's guess.

It would also be nice to know how Rivian determines priority. We know that it's not driven by pre-order date, and that your location and model type play a role. What other factors affect delivery are unknown, as is the relative importance of factors in their delivery algorithm.

Rivian, if you're listening, you really need to consider giving your reservation holders - and stock holders - some meaningful information, and soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My R1T will be delivered on 10/4. They told me yesterday it was in Brooklyn getting final inspections. It will arrive with 90-day temporary registration and plates from IL and the CT plates and registration will be mailed to me. The R1T went by truck from the factory to the Brooklyn service center, but will be driven to me in CT. I plan to take it to Auto Spa to get paint correction and coating. I'm super excited! Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have a 2018 reservation and CS just told me first half of 2023. They seem to have no system. So messed up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts