Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Just chatted with CS and wanted to share the results so no one else spends their time waiting in the chat line: Updated delivery windows for all R1 preorders will be sent out near the end of October. By the end of September an update email will be sent out that will “prepare preorder holders for the October update”. Make of this what you will. Patience is a virtue……I think.
Patience is all we can have. September became the new June, and now October has become the new September. That’s just how it goes with Rivian. They have been told time and again to communicate. And they have said time and again that they would communicate. They even have a director of customer engagement. And he said he would. But they do not communicate and they do not engage. They never have, and they never will. I have said before that we did not place an order for a car. We placed a $1000 bet. Myself, I continue to believe that that bet will come home eventually. And I’m willing to wait. But being willing to wait does not mean that I like or will forget that Rivian has been ignoring us throughout this process. The only time I am aware of them paying attention is when they executed the March 1 debacle. We order. We wait. We endure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
On the up side the longer they wait to deliver the max pack to preorder holders the bigger loss they are going to take. With that said they are incentivized to get those out the door as fast as possible. Of course they could just figure its too much of a loss at some point and tell everyone waiting to kick rocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
On the up side the longer they wait to deliver the max pack to preorder holders the bigger loss they are going to take. With that said they are incentivized to get those out the door as fast as possible. Of course they could just figure its too much of a loss at some point and tell everyone waiting to kick rocks.
The radio silence from Rivian regarding the Max is concerning. My guess is that they have not yet settled on a final design configuration and that we are looking at a considerable further delay. The rumor is that Rivian will deign to favor us with some additional delivery information before the end of year; we can only hope that updated information on the Max is part of that.

While I'm not in the camp of those who think Rivian is going to deep-six the Max completely, I would not be surprised if the larger battery disappears an option for the quad-motor R1T and made available only on upcoming the dual-motor platform. Doing so solves a few problems for Rivian.

Since there was no dual-motor R1T Max to reserve before March '22, no one is grandfathered in at the $10k pricing, thus eliminating the loss associated with the lower price. Pushing the Max to the dual-motor platform may provide extra space for the larger battery and more importantly, buys Rivian more time to finalize its design. Finally, using larger battery pack on the dual-motor R1T will give greater range than would be the case with the quad.

All of the above is speculation of course and should be seen as such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The radio silence from Rivian regarding the Max is concerning. My guess is that they have not yet settled on a final design configuration and that we are looking at a considerable further delay. The rumor is that Rivian will deign to favor us with some additional delivery information before the end of year; we can only hope that updated information on the Max is part of that.

While I'm not in the camp of those who think Rivian is going to deep-six the Max completely, I would not be surprised if the larger battery disappears an option for the quad-motor R1T and made available only on upcoming the dual-motor platform. Doing so solves a few problems for Rivian.

Since there was no dual-motor R1T Max to reserve before March '22, no one is grandfathered in at the $10k pricing, thus eliminating the loss associated with the lower price. Pushing the Max to the dual-motor platform may provide extra space for the larger battery and more importantly, buys Rivian more time to finalize its design. Finally, using larger battery pack on the dual-motor R1T will give greater range that would be the case with the quad.

All of the above is speculation of course and should be seen as such.
Speculation, yes, but I think it’s very logical speculation. Only time will tell.
 
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Top