Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rivian Forum - i am an ex senior exec from Rivian and hence obviously little biased. However i will post some information that will show actually how behind Rivian is in its launch plans. Below is the current ramp up plans . As one can see clearly the most R1T next year are ~7,000 of which the 1st 500 or so are "Non sale-bale"

View attachment 983
I call BS. Not hard to create a fake worksheet with a logo. Why would you post sales number from your former employer whom I’m sure would have an NDA with this kind of stuff. Also, like the other poster said, misspelled name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sure team - can somebody more knowledgeable here can answer if ANY Body, Battery, IP, Seats, Inverter have been BUILD @ Rivian site or BY Rivian? All the Body -in-White (BIW) have been build at a ford subsidiary call TDM in MI, painted at Penke in MI, ALL Battery assembly's were build as paslin (in Indianapolis) and all other stuff at supplier. The plant cant even assemble the vehicles as they are being done by hand. Note the videos carefully from RJ and majority of the equipment s not connected or still looks in packaging....6 months from production..........

Obviously i am using somebody's name!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sure team - can somebody more knowledgeable here can answer if ANY Body, Battery, IP, Seats, Inverter have been BUILD @ Rivian site or BY Rivian? All the Body -in-White (BIW) have been build at a ford subsidiary call TDM in MI, painted at Penke in MI, ALL Battery assembly's were build as paslin (in Indianapolis) and all other stuff at supplier. The plant cant even assemble the vehicles as they are being done by hand. Note the videos carefully from RJ and majority of the equipment s not connected or still looks in packaging....6 months from production..........

Obviously i am using somebody's name!!!!!!!!
Pro Tip:

If you want people to believe you were a "Senior Exec" at a major company, you should probably hone those writing skills a bit. When your proficiency is that of a 6th-grade dropout who doesn't know the difference between 'Built' and 'Build', 'Assembly's' and 'Assemblies', or have basic understanding of conjugation and punctuation, it's unlikely that your untruth of being a Senior Executive will be accepted by the readers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Want more evidence see below ...i used Youtube videos released by Rivian

View attachment 984 View attachment 984
You understand that Rivian is building pre production vehicles right?
Usually goes concept, prototype, preproduction and then finally production. At least when automakers do their homework and don't expect the customers to find out the issues on their delivered vehicle.
These vehicles won't be sold to the public [or they may get in trouble like VW], but they'll probably be used for test drives, display or crash testing. RJ mentioned that they are building around +200 preproduction vehicles.
"Automakers may assemble pre-production cars in a specialized small facility, often by hand, to try out the new tooling, as well as test vehicle assembly fits and techniques. ... Some of these cars are exhibited at auto shows. They may also be destroyed during crash tests."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don’t mean to sound like a skeptic, but did you mean to misspell your own name?
I will add to that skepticism. As much as I would like to get more info on production and order numbers, I find it hard to believe that a senior leader would reveal confidential data on some consumer forums. That would be cause for termination even with his new and current employer. It would also give Rivian a course of action to pursue damages against this “ex-executive”.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They've always said location would impact things. They aren't going to ship a single pickup somewhere - they are going to ship a truckload of vehicles. So if they need to push your order back or pull others forward in line to build a complete truckload of vehicles, they are going to do that. They won't build a truck of Seattle late 2019 orders before they build the truck of Tampa late 2018 orders, but they will absolutely shift things around in between to optimize shipments.

The queue isn't some single file line that gets built exactly in order. They will build batches and take the highest priority customers that match what's going into the batch.
I've always assumed this as well, but they really haven't come out and put clarity around it. I wish they would. Especially since we are one month away from initial deliveries. Seems like we are still being kept a little in the dark around logistics, process, and status. I know we still don't have a single member that has reported being contacted by their guide yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've always assumed this as well, but they really haven't come out and put clarity around it. I wish they would. Especially since we are one month away from initial deliveries. Seems like we are still being kept a little in the dark around logistics, process, and status. I know we still don't have a single member that has reported being contacted by their guide yet.
There is absolutely nothing in it for them to explain the internal workings of the queue. The less they publicly commit to, the more flexibility they retain to optimize for whatever comes up. Apply a little common sense and rational inference, and you've got a pretty good idea of how they're going to handle this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is absolutely nothing in it for them to explain the internal workings of the queue. The less they publicly commit to, the more flexibility they retain to optimize for whatever comes up. Apply a little common sense and rational inference, and you've got a pretty good idea of how they're going to handle this.
I'm not sure I completely agree with this statement. They are branding themselves with one of the greatest owner satisfaction goals ever attempted. They are creating "Guides" to answer any and every question along your "trip" to ownership and beyond. They have commitments to their current investors and are currently working on a 40 billions IPO, which heavily be influenced on their ability to deliver on their promises. They have a lot to gain and lose.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not sure I completely agree with this statement. They are branding themselves with one of the greatest owner satisfaction goals ever attempted. They are creating "Guides" to answer any and every question along your "trip" to ownership and beyond. They have commitments to their current investors and are currently working on a 40 billions IPO, which heavily be influenced on their ability to deliver on their promises. They have a lot to gain and lose.
That's exactly it, by delivering on their promise. And they can't fail to deliver on a promise they never made. If they tell us the queue works a particular way and change that, they get a ton of PR grief (look at the total freakout that the 400-mile battery would be "available at launch" that got tweaked to "within 6 months of launch"). If they don't tell us (because, face it, we don't need to know), they have all the flexibility in the world to do what makes the most business sense.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's exactly it, by delivering on their promise. And they can't fail to deliver on a promise they never made. If they tell us the queue works a particular way and change that, they get a ton of PR grief (look at the total freakout that the 400-mile battery would be "available at launch" that got tweaked to "within 6 months of launch"). If they don't tell us (because, face it, we don't need to know), they have all the flexibility in the world to do what makes the most business sense.
Yeah.. it did suck that the 400+ battery isn't available day one, but I got over that pretty quickly. I'm already used to 220 miles on a single charge, so the extra 80+ is going to seem like I can drive forever.
We all know the biggest game changer for them was the Amazon investment and the large delivery vans commitment. They can't miss those commitments since it really financed their quick growth. I just read on Electrek.co that they just delivered another set of vans to Colorado market a month ago. They are popping up in a lot of social posts around the country.
I definitely get what you and Mr Gee are saying. You can see that everyone is already getting worked up that they haven't heard of anyone being contacted by a guide this month and it was supposed to start this month. I'm an R1S preorder, so my expectations are already padded with deliveries not starting for 2 months after the R1T. I'm expecting either the first 2 months will have worked through the glitches in process and things will go smoother for me, or the first 2 months will be so messy, that the R1S will be further delayed. 🙂

·
Registered
773 Posts
Some updated info about R1T Launch Edition deliveries. They're starting in July and will be completed by Spring 2022.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi, someone mentioned a pre order survey, however it would be interesting if Rivian posted the orders they have received from each state, but I know they probably won’t, I can’t understand the secrecy 🙄
The forum has started tracking actual deliveries by location now

21 - 34 of 34 Posts