Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many in this forum, I have been eagerly awaiting my R1S. Earlier this week, I got an email to register for a demo drive. I am located in the Bay Area. I scheduled demo drive in the first week of October. Super stoked about it, but also curious if this indicates that a delivery is coming soon?

· Super Moderator
572 Posts
Rivian does demo rides? Who knew!

Just kidding; I've been hounding Rivian for a First Mile invitation for more than two years. They've declined to send me an invitation but perhaps as a sort of consolation prize, assigned me a guide. I was excited at first, but it quickly became clear that being assigned a guide does not necessarily mean that you are anywhere close to delivery.

· Registered
866 Posts
Like many in this forum, I have been eagerly awaiting my R1S. Earlier this week, I got an email to register for a demo drive. I am located in the Bay Area. I scheduled demo drive in the first week of October. Super stoked about it, but also curious if this indicates that a delivery is coming soon?
From what I've seen posted on here getting a demo drive doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get your R1S soon. But I would definitely take them up on the offer to go for a test drive if you're able to.

· Registered
1 Posts
yes it does, while talking to a Rivian Rep online they said when delivery is close that is when you get a test drive.

· Registered
790 Posts
they said when delivery is close that is when you get a test drive
No, that's not true. I had my test drive last November, but I just received my R1T last week. Historically there has been no correlation between getting a test drive and having imminent delivery.

And it's highly unlikely that you'll get to test drive an R1S by the way - all test drives that I know about so far have been in an R1T.

Test drives are offered by region, prioritized by order date. They aren't offered everywhere, and they aren't offered all the time. When Rivian decides to do a test drive in your region you may get an invitation, or you may find out about it only by checking your account frequently and looking for the "Events" icon in the left sidebar. Typically the older outstanding orders will get the first chance to participate. But there are only limited time slots and they fill up quickly, so you're not guaranteed to get one even if you've had a reservation for many years.

· Registered
5 Posts
I believe that the nearest R1S demo for the bay area is actually in Venice, CA. Yes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts