Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been charged "a destination fee" but was asked to come to Normal to pick the vehicle up?
Not sure what destination fee really is given that I had to come to Normal to pick up the vehicle made right there.

· Registered
3 Posts
Auto industry standard. Basically a part of MSRP that they get to pull out and call it a destination fee even though it's the same fee no matter where it's being delivered.
I wish Rivian and Tesla would break this deceptive industry trend but they don't for some reason.

· Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know if it’s worth it to finance their Rivian . I usually use credit unions but some folks are complaining about lag times in loans bc of understaffing and let’s be honest the market sucks. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it and would recommend.

· Registered
74 Posts
Anyone know if it’s worth it to finance their Rivian . I usually use credit unions but some folks are complaining about lag times in loans bc of understaffing and let’s be honest the market sucks. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it and would recommend.
I would think the only 'worthy' financing option is at zero percent interest...

· Registered
74 Posts
W0uldn't any financing option that is less than the APR or the banks or credit unions be worthy?
True. I just meant zero interest is the best if that is an option at your disposal given where interest rates are heading these days. I have seen posts that suggest your local credit union is at least a more pleasant experience than the big banks but I have never used a CU. Some Rivian owners and reservation holders made enough off the IPO to purchase the vehicle in cash if the wanted to 🤑. Not me sadly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts