Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to have a Model S and a Prius, now drive a Model X.

Steve, who came by the house, couldn't have been a nicer guy.

The fit and finish of the truck is first-rate. That's to be expected, but worth noting.

The car didn't feel any bigger to drive than my X.

The acceleration is more than any sane person needs.

There were AT tires, and they were fine, but far more than I need--I'm going to downgrade to road tires for quiet and for range.

The sound system had real pop to it (but not sizzle, which is good). I think it sounded better than my X.

There were tons of thoughtful touches, way better than the gimmicks on the X. It felt like it was designed by someone who cared about the driver. And the ventilated seats--a win.

No word on delivery, but it was nice to go for a drive...

Head Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool. I can't wait to test drive! This will be my first electric vehicle and will be moving from my Jeep Gladiator (not too fuel efficient)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Used to have a Model S and a Prius, now drive a Model X.

Steve, who came by the house, couldn't have been a nicer guy.

The fit and finish of the truck is first-rate. That's to be expected, but worth noting.

The car didn't feel any bigger to drive than my X.

The acceleration is more than any sane person needs.

There were AT tires, and they were fine, but far more than I need--I'm going to downgrade to road tires for quiet and for range.

The sound system had real pop to it (but not sizzle, which is good). I think it sounded better than my X.

There were tons of thoughtful touches, way better than the gimmicks on the X. It felt like it was designed by someone who cared about the driver. And the ventilated seats--a win.

No word on delivery, but it was nice to go for a drive...

View attachment 3394
Thanks for the info. Its great to finally get some real customer's experiences. My excitement continues to grow, although it'll be a while before my number is called.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.... can't wait to take delivery!

Was great watching the R1T's driving Shat and crew out to the Blue Origin launch site this morning. It proved to me that the back seat is way big enough to hold 3 full size adults and plenty of room up front too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you clarify something Seth... You said that they came by your house to give you a test drive?? I was under the impression we just get a notification from Rivian that there is a First Mile Event near us and we can sign up to drive them at a designated location.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you clarify something Seth... You said that they came by your house to give you a test drive?? I was under the impression we just get a notification from Rivian that there is a First Mile Event near us and we can sign up to drive them at a designated location.
yep, sent me an email yesterday and came to my house today.

·
Registered
248 Posts
yep, sent me an email yesterday and came to my house today.
That is all I would need. Sure the drive experience like they did in Normal would be fun but I bet most of the people would prefer this as apposed to waiting for the drive events to be setup. It’s more real world where probably better than 90% of the truck usage will be anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter is driving a yellow R1T in the Rebelle Rally, #140. You can follow her on the 8 day offroad rally and see what kind of offroads they are using the truck on, how it gets charged in the desert, etc. If you go to Road Show.net, she has a few videos posted from last year's rally when she ran a pre-production R1T. If you would like to see what the yellow truck looks like, check out the bio for #140, it is posted.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Very cool. I can't wait to test drive! This will be my first electric vehicle and will be moving from my Jeep Gladiator (not too fuel efficient)
Thanks for the info. Its great to finally get some real customer's experiences. My excitement continues to grow, although it'll be a while before my number is called.
Welcome to the forum. When are you guys scheduled to drive an R1T?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My daughter is driving a yellow R1T in the Rebelle Rally, #140. You can follow her on the 8 day offroad rally and see what kind of offroads they are using the truck on, how it gets charged in the desert, etc. If you go to Road Show.net, she has a few videos posted from last year's rally when she ran a pre-production R1T. If you would like to see what the yellow truck looks like, check out the bio for #140, it is posted.
Hey @bajalar it would be great if you get her to share anything here with us from the rally or anything you hear back, ideally in a separate thread.
I found her on Twitter and Instagram!
http://instagr.am/p/CU-pVFjvdvi/
Smile Blue Product Organ Cap
Tire Sky Cloud Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky
Smile Sky Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am sure that the test drives mandate mask wearing as a company policy. Personally, I like the bank robber motif! My son's daycare won't let us enter unless we have a "real" mask on; so no bandanas or buffs (Worlds smallest violin playing saddest song just for me) lol

But... Back to the test drive... I agree, I don't need the Normal, IL proving ground test drive. I just want to get some seat time in it to see how it is. My only fear is that Seth's experience is a one-off, atypical situation. I'm just a regular guy. I have no real social media presence or influence on others outside my personal circle. Seth is certainly someone who has a lot of eyes on him and can help influence others with what he writes.

I can't help but wonder if the reason why Seth had a test drive is due to who he is. I mean there has to be thousands of people in the northeast that are reservation holders. Can anyone in the NY area corroborate a phone call or e-mail recently that offered a personal test drive experience like this?

This is in no way a dig at Seth, I'm just suggesting that Rivian may be strategically rolling out test drives to people that have a platform, rather than based on a geographic locale.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't help but wonder if the reason why Seth had a test drive is due to who he is. I mean there has to be thousands of people in the northeast that are reservation holders. Can anyone in the NY area corroborate a phone call or e-mail recently that offered a personal test drive experience like this?

This is in no way a dig at Seth, I'm just suggesting that Rivian may be strategically rolling out test drives to people that have a platform, rather than based on a geographic locale.
I am on Long Island and have had several very pleasant email exchanges with Rivian reps, but alas.... no phone calls or invites for test rides :(

·
Registered
305 Posts
When did Seth Godin place a pre-order?

Not that it matters. He's an influencer (and arguably as an author, blogger, technologist, etc one of the most influential for those following companies like Rivian). Smart to get that dood a test drive! it would be more "authentic" and on-brand for Rivian to say "hey, we're starting test drives in the NYC area. Thought we'd swing by Seth Godin's house first and get his thoughts. Read about them here on rivian.com" or something.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts