Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is by far my biggest grievance with the truck's design. Hats off to the engineering team for trying to think outside of the box, but adjusting the vent fins through a digital display is not an intuitive way of getting air blowing on your face. To add to how much of a pain in the but it is to adjust these while driving, most of the time when I go to turn the climate system on before driving the digital interface shows the fins are where I last adjusted them however the physical fins are not in the same place and I have to either turn the vent on and off or adjust the fins on the display to get them in the correct place.

Is anyone else running into this issue with their vehicle?

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is by far my biggest grievance with the truck's design. Hats off to the engineering team for trying to think outside of the box, but adjusting the vent fins through a digital display is not an intuitive way of getting air blowing on your face. To add to how much of a pain in the but it is to adjust these while driving, most of the time when I go to turn the climate system on before driving the digital interface shows the fins are where I last adjusted them however the physical fins are not in the same place and I have to either turn the vent on and off or adjust the fins on the display to get them in the correct place.

Is anyone else running into this issue with their vehicle?
This is a cut and paste from another thread I posted in...

• AC system is wonky; sometimes in Auto mode, it barely blows even when it's 100 degrees outside (and in!); I have to manually adjust the fans to get things cooled off. At other times, this isn't an issue. And then at even other times, the vents don't initially open for a bit...or, as you experienced, one of the vents (especially the leftmost) will barely get any air. I also have a large ring of condensation on the windshield exterior as though cool air is leaking from the dash. I do try to use the "Cool the Cabin" feature if the truck has been sitting out, but even that is wonky too - sometimes when I get to the truck, it's on but the AC is barely blowing and the seat ventilation is never on; that essentially doesn't cool that cabin whatsoever. Other times, it works without issue and is blowing normally (though never the seat ventilation unfortunately). I have not added any tint to the windows or roof but I did buy a custom fit solid reflector that suctions to the roof and I think this will help tremendously though I haven't had it long enough to know for certain; it at least shades the interior while I'm driving even though it's not supposed to be left in place unless the truck is parked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts