Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been three long years of waiting with euphoric excitement. Finally I’ve turned the corner. I’ve been lead to believe through misleading PR that the promise land was “right around the next corner “.
As a 9/19 order, I’ve held on to the foolish optimism that “Yes they can!” only to be mislead with generalizations on delivery dates.

I’m going to have to purchase a new truck this year. I won’t keep waiting for “tomorrow” and the continued open ended “commitments”.

As a shareholder I’m optimistic that their day will come but not in the window I foolishly expected.

· Registered
790 Posts
What is your configuration? It wasn't clear until very late 2019 (after a major round of investment) that Rivian would even be able to refund those initial deposts, let alone get to the point of being able to deliver vehicles. I don't know what your expectations were, but by the time I made a pre-order in 2020 I had a pretty realistic idea of when I would get my vehicle, and it turned out that I got it only about three months later than expected. Which I think is perfectly reasonable all things considered.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But as far as blaming the configuration, early on I spoke with CS and said I’d be glad to fall in line with what ever configuration would add to the production efficiency. They could not offer a suggestion.

· Registered
790 Posts
But as far as blaming the configuration
I'm not blaming the configuration. I'm saying your expectations need to take account of what Rivian said about the delivery priorities when it first made configuration possible back in Nov 2020. Namely, they said at that time that if you choose LE, it will be delivered before Adventure/Explore, and that if you want a Max Pack, you can only get that in the R1T and you can't get that in an LE, so it will ship later. Likewise, the R1S was announced to start shipping 6 months after the R1T. So all these factors combined, in addition to their projected first-year production numbers, should have informed your expectation of delivery date.

LE EL CAP BLACK INT
Assuming Large Pack ... If this is an R1T then I think it's reasonable to have expected it before now. But if this is an R1S, then I think your expectation should be sometime between now and April. And if you're in one of the states that doesn't allow Rivian to build or operate a Service Center, then some of the blame lies on your state

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I know. Ive read your endless posting blaming the buyer and there by defacto defending Rivian. Your posts are so incredibly transparent as to almost drip with the sweat from towing the company line.
My simple point is the PR campaign did a good job in camouflaging the company’s lack of organization.
Now should that be expected in a startup? Sure. Do I have to like it? No. Do I have a right to express my displeasure with my perception of their lack of transparent coordination between PR and sales spin? I sure do.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No sadly. I felt when I offered to switch to any configuration to fold into the production stream that would be a reasonable offer. I also offered to pickup the truck to avoid the delivery times expense.

no response.

again my position strictly related to how I feel that the sales propaganda and actual production reality were not and are not aligned.
Perhaps a reasonable argument is I have unreasonable expectations. However, I feel not enough is being done to level everyone’s expectations.

Publish a monthly production plan.
List each stake holders order number in that plan.
Publish a list of unplanned orders perhaps in a “Quarter (Q1,Q2,…) basket.

The reality is many of us have daily drivers which continue to depreciate and we are making economic decisions based on what information we receive from Rivian. Eventually I have to move on and trade in my daily driver for a new ICE. My order was not placed as a “toy” or “bobble” to impress the neighbors.

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Did you ask for access to the Shop? With all due respect you need to get real. Tesla has announced and canceled vehicles, delayed features, and raised prices. We give Elon Musk’s proclamations a lot of latitude because he is a very creative leader but it is difficult to rely on him. Rivian, in my opinion, has been more transparent. And by the way, go to the Ford forums. Most of those bronco and maverick pre-order holders are ready to burn Detroit down.

· Registered
25 Posts
It’s been three long years of waiting with euphoric excitement. Finally I’ve turned the corner. I’ve been lead to believe through misleading PR that the promise land was “right around the next corner “.
As a 9/19 order, I’ve held on to the foolish optimism that “Yes they can!” only to be mislead with generalizations on delivery dates.

I’m going to have to purchase a new truck this year. I won’t keep waiting for “tomorrow” and the continued open ended “commitments”.

As a shareholder I’m optimistic that their day will come but not in the window I foolishly expected.
That must be terrifically aggravating. What's the current estimated delivery date? Very soon, I hope.

· Registered
1 Posts
No sadly. I felt when I offered to switch to any configuration to fold into the production stream that would be a reasonable offer. I also offered to pickup the truck to avoid the delivery times expense. no response. again my position strictly related to how I feel that the sales propaganda and actual production reality were not and are not aligned. Perhaps a reasonable argument is I have unreasonable expectations. However, I feel not enough is being done to level everyone’s expectations. Publish a monthly production plan. List each stake holders order number in that plan. Publish a list of unplanned orders perhaps in a “Quarter (Q1,Q2,…) basket. The reality is many of us have daily drivers which continue to depreciate and we are making economic decisions based on what information we receive from Rivian. Eventually I have to move on and trade in my daily driver for a new ICE. My order was not placed as a “toy” or “bobble” to impress the neighbors.
Rivian was never transparent with the delivery timelines. I am 9/19 LE R1S preorder and I hate to say that I have given up on reading Rivian’s stories

1 - 16 of 16 Posts