Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian will not add footsteps on the R1T it seems. For a pickup truck this is unusual. Ford, Chevrolet, RAM, Toyota and other automakers always include them but here that's not the case. Do you want Rivian to at least add one to the bumper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rivian will not add footsteps on the R1T it seems. For a pickup truck this is unusual. Ford, Chevrolet, RAM, Toyota and other automakers always include them but here that's not the case. Do you want Rivian to at least add one to the bumper?
View attachment 1534
I guess that I will have to carry a foot stool if a step is needed.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that I will have to carry a foot stool if a step is needed.
Or you could just mount on a universal footstep. Lots of options are currently available and will be a great work around if Rivian doesn't offer one or build it into the final production bumper.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Or you could just mount on a universal footstep. Lots of options are currently available and will be a great work around if Rivian doesn't offer one or build it into the final production bumper.
The picture represents the final production bumper, that is not going to change in the next 3 months.

I also have one of these reserved, it has that feature, plus many more that Rivian does not have, so I will likely switch from an R1T to an R1S for my wife. I will drive the Hummer.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
112 Posts
What about the suspension? I thought I read something about it lowering down for getting in and then raising back up. Does that eliminate the need for a foot step.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts

Reactions: Rivian-WI

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The picture represents the final production bumper, that is not going to change in the next 3 months.

I also have one of these reserved, it has that feature, plus many more that Rivian does not have, so I will likely switch from an R1T to an R1S for my wife. I will drive the Hummer.

View attachment 1538
I always thought that was neat. So far GM is in the lead with tailgates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Firstly, because the gear tunnel doors are steps. Secondly, because the question is do I 'need' footsteps. No, I don't need footsteps.
Just curious. I’ve haven’t seen anyone in a video stepping into the vehicle. I’d be interested in running boards, if that was an option.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Are you saying you expect aftermarket rear bumpers to be available? Or are you saying you think they'll just offer steps that bolt on (and look like it)?
You can already buy ones that mount into the trailer hitch. Not ideal, but it is an option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts