Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a crypto-currency enthusiast and would love to use some of my crypto holdings towards purchasing a Rivian SUV without touching the dollar. Tesla accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment, so why not Rivian? For a company that is innovative and pushing boundaries, cryptocurrency should be a fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a crypto-currency enthusiast and would love to use some of my crypto holdings towards purchasing a Rivian SUV without touching the dollar. Tesla accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment, so why not Rivian? For a company that is innovative and pushing boundaries, cryptocurrency should be a fit.
Tesla is a fraudulent operation so I would not expect Rivian to accept unconventional “currency” that fluctuates wildly day to day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tesla stopped taking bitcoin within a couple months of starting, and have not resumed. Musk says Tesla will accept bitcoin again as crypto miners use more clean energy
The energy use for mining bitcoin goes pretty much against anything we have heard from Rivian as far as their enviromental plans go, so I would never expect them to accept bitcoin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tesla stopped taking bitcoin within a couple months of starting, and have not resumed. Musk says Tesla will accept bitcoin again as crypto miners use more clean energy
The energy use for mining bitcoin goes pretty much against anything we have heard from Rivian as far as their enviromental plans go, so I would never expect them to accept bitcoin.
Musk accepted bitcoin because he bought some and wanted to elevate its price as well as the Tesla stock price (manipulate might be a better word choice). He knew the environmental costs before hand so that is a convenient excuse for stopping.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Musk accepted bitcoin because he bought some and wanted to elevate its price as well as the Tesla stock price (manipulate might be a better word choice). He knew the environmental costs before hand so that is a convenient excuse for stopping.
I wasn't commenting on Musks motivations (though I agree with you on that), but more on why Rivian would likely avoid taking it with or without considering what Tesla was doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wasn't commenting on Musks motivations (though I agree with you on that), but more on why Rivian would likely avoid taking it with or without considering what Tesla was doing.
Just because Tesla does it, doesn’t mean it is right. Thank god Rivian isn’t making vehicles in tents and have proper wiper stalks to mention two things they are not copying Tesla on. I wish they would copy Teslas urgency and get the ramp up going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree it would be great if they did. But not Bitcoin. They should take Cardano, and/or other coins with a low climate footprint and positive community impact - this would be great marketing of their green, avant-garde image.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, because it would take them years to do so, after they say they will, and frankly I'd rather they concentrate on getting the product out the door. that and all the other reasons above about crypto being volatile and not really useful for legal tender yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.