Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Does anyone know when Rivian accepted the earliest legit preorders?

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  oak202 
#1 ·
I've registered in the owner list, but looking at the spreadsheet, it's not easy to tell when the first legit orders were taken, b/c there are a lot of random dates entered that don't make sense, going back to one entry listed in 1978, and others much earlier than the Rivian debut at the LA Auto Show in Nov. 2018.

I preordered R1T on 11/29/2018. Just wondering how to actually figure out how far down the line I am.

Are the moderators going to clean up that spreadsheet? It's not all that helpful in current form.

Thanks in advance!

#12 ·
The earliest date you could place a pre-order was 11-26-2018, just before the reveal at the LA Auto Show.

I placed pre-order in the afternoon on 11-26-2018 for an R1T LE and the order number showed as 1350. I have a March/April delivery window.

If you ordered the Adventure or Explore trims, you will be waiting longer.
Yeah I placed my order on 11/29/2018, and was told April/May this year.

#7 ·
Thanks for that info JEV, I was pretty sure I had ordered in the first week possible.

My R1T config: White, Adventure Package, Large pack, 20" all terrains, no kitchen, no tent.

I was never interested in the LE, b/c, I won't be hardcore 4 wheeling the R1T, already have a Tacoma TRD for that, and I didn't see the $ value in it and don't want the additional weight of the undercarriage. I think they will make the tow hooks an ala carte accessory at some point, I would like those. My understanding is they are no longer accepting LE configuration orders. I also wasn't interested in one of the first few hundred off the line, as I expected some bugs to be worked out in early production.

I also originally ordered a max pack, b/c Rivian stated they would be building out the max and large packs first, and I want maximum range as I live in Colorado. When they announced max packs would be delivered in 2023, i changed my configuration and will be taking delivery of the large pack and reordered another with max pack for 2023-24 delivery, at which time I plan to sell or trade in the large pack vehicle. I was told this would move up my delivery considerably, but still haven't heard anything further about a delivery date.

#8 ·
My R1T config: White, Adventure Package, Large pack, 20" all terrains, no kitchen, no tent.

I was never interested in the LE, b/c, I won't be hardcore 4 wheeling the R1T, already have a Tacoma TRD for that, and I didn't see the $ value in it and don't want the additional weight of the undercarriage. I think they will make the tow hooks an ala carte accessory at some point, I would like those. My understanding is they are no longer accepting LE configuration orders. I also wasn't interested in one of the first few hundred off the line, as I expected some bugs to be worked out in early production.
That's too bad. They since decoupled the off-road package from LE's (meaning you could unselect and save $2K). Plus the LE would have included your 20" ATs at no additional cost. Point about the first few hundred off the line still holds, of course.

#19 ·
Sounds like we had the same idea of wanting the Max Pack, I placed my order in Feb 2019 but opted not to take the LE . . . I've been given a window of July-Sept.

I would contact customer service, other than color our configurations are very similar and you probably should have a delivery window already?

#14 ·
My preorder for an R1T was confirmed by Rivian on 12/07/2019. I ordered the Adventure Package, Midnight Paint, Ocean Coast Interior, Large Battery Pack, 21" tires, full- size spare tire, All-weather Floor Mats; and no other off road extras. Rivian CS sent me a message on 12/28, 2021, that said "R1T estimated delivery window is July - September 2022." I hope this is of some help to others who have ordered an Adventure Package.

#18 ·
And happily, Rivian reversed the price increase for existing preorders the next day.

Shocking mistake for them to have done that to us, but a stand up act to own the mistake and correct it. Everyone makes mistakes, and this sure was a big one. But I think the true measure is whether a person can own the mistake, correct it
and then carry through with not making similar mistakes again.

Forgiveness of a mistake does not mean forget or act like it never happened. So, if anyone from Rivian is listening in here, you did us once and, for me, I'm willing to shake that off. Do us again and I . . . together with a lot of other people . . . are liable to vote with our feet and leave you. Listen to all these buyers who have hung in there with you for nearly four years with preorders and some longer than that with their interest and support, all patiently biding their time. Thank you, Rivian, for hearing us this week. And now make damn sure you don't ever breach that trust again.

These posts on delivery windows have been helpful to me and I thank you all for them. Keep educating me.

I'm not a young man, but I'm in this for the long haul as for over fifty years I've wanted to see a practical alternative to the ICE come along that had this kind of range and performance. Even my wife, who would never entertain even the mere thought of full electric, is keen and supportive of our decision. We're sticking around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.