Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bed liner does Rivian use on the R1T pickup? Spray-in has been the most common OEM bedliner option on the market with LINE-X as a top supplier, its what Ford uses along with some other automakers. But it isn't clear what will be available here, if any at all.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Atlis just released some information about their XT truck and one of the things they mention is a spray-in bedliner.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Electrictrucking @jimcgov3 anyone concerned that the composite bed will scratch/chip easily? That seems to be expected with composite beds. It might look better than spray on liners but we seem to lose durability.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Electrictrucking @jimcgov3 anyone concerned that the composite bed will scratch/chip easily? That seems to be expected with composite beds. It might look better than spray on liners but we seem to lose durability.
This isn't something you need to be concerned with at all. If you're going to be dropping a lot of really heavy, sharp objects into it, then maybe an electric truck with a 4.6 foot bed isn't for you. But for your everyday mulch hauling and weekend warrior adventures, the composite bed durability will be a non issue. I put two different Tacomas with composite beds through plenty of abuse with barely a scratch on them. There are plenty of things to worry about for us as early adopters, but this isn't one of them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This isn't something you need to be concerned with at all. If you're going to be dropping a lot of really heavy, sharp objects into it, then maybe an electric truck with a 4.6 foot bed isn't for you. But for your everyday mulch hauling and weekend warrior adventures, the composite bed durability will be a non issue. I put two different Tacomas with composite beds through plenty of abuse with barely a scratch on them. There are plenty of things to worry about for us as early adopters, but this isn't one of them.
Thanks.
Its my first time getting a pickup and wanted to get these concerns out of the way.
Any recommendations on what we should do take care of the composite liner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks.
Its my first time getting a pickup and wanted to get these concerns out of the way.
Any recommendations on what we should do take care of the composite liner?
Literally nothing at all. The advantage of a composite liner is that you don’t have to worry about it. Beat it up, abuse it, whatever. It’ll be just fine. Just sweep it out or wash it out when it gets too dirty for your liking and that’s about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts