Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one either Rivian have DOG mode in R1S like Model X or not? if yes, happy to have that.. if not... Rivian does have a plan to include it and in which version it will come?

Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
I get the appeal but I hope they push the delivery of vehicles for months prior to touching this one.
The team that develops the software is completely different than the team that does the manufacturing. They can and will do both at the same time without adversely affecting either one.

There is no "dog mode" yet, but one of the recent software updates did make changes so that the climate control would stay on if there was still someone in the car. And there is an explicit statement from RJ that something like "dog mode" would be added. This is just a software OTA update.

And if it's in the R1T, it will be in the R1S. The software isn't any different.

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
I will confirm that I left my 2 dogs in the truck while I went into a store. (Wasn't hot or sunny at all- low 60's, but I always leave the windows down) I checked several times while inside, as any good pet owner should, and the climate control stayed active the entire time I was in, maybe 30 minutes. My dogs usually lay down after a few so I don't think their movement triggered it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will confirm that I left my 2 dogs in the truck while I went into a store. (Wasn't hot or sunny at all- low 60's, but I always leave the windows down) I checked several times while inside, as any good pet owner should, and the climate control stayed active the entire time I was in, maybe 30 minutes. My dogs usually lay down after a few so I don't think their movement triggered it.
Good know and thanks for sharing your experience. I am in SoCal and it is hot in summer.. hopefully they will get ready dog mode by end of this year or early next year..

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts