Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Excellent video! Thanks for sharing. I've been watching every video and reading every review I can find so I can't believe I learned even more about the R1T after watching this one. How did I miss; wireless phone charging, charging ports on the bluetooth speaker and the rooftop spoilers?
I love this truck!
Gotta say, buddy's mind going straight to kidnapping was hilarious!

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Admittedly I have zero off-road experience but I'm wondering why Doug had so much difficulty when Motortrend off-roaded the R1T across the entire USA and the automotive journalists that off-roaded the R1T during the Colorado event didn't appear to have any difficulty. Did he fail to actually have it properly selected in Off-Road Rock Crawl drive mode or something?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Its pretty obvious the guy was a little jittery, too much accelerator, and not nearly enough air out of the tires. Takes 2 seconds to check Tire pressure with a gauge. Should have had a spotter in front of him (not on the side of him). Not sure this guy has any experience other than over-articulating words to extend his YouTube video lengths.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Did he fail to actually have it properly selected in Off-Road Rock Crawl drive mode or something?
I find it odd that he didn't discuss the drive mode settings at all. It doesn't appear to be in rock crawl mode, from what I have read about rock crawl mode - if it had been then he wouldn't have had problems he discussed with the two-pedal drive going up and the braking going down. He might have been in off-road "auto" mode, where the settings will automatically adjust, since he said in some spots it took time for the computer to figure out how to transfer power. Seems like some of his suggestions would be specifically addressed by rock-crawl mode.

Regardless, the bottom line is he said the Rivian was as good or better than anything he'd ever driven, so the nitpicks were because that's what you expect to hear in a review - if they don't call out anything then it's not "in-depth" enough or perhaps even considered biased. Some of those things he wanted, like per-tire pressure readout on the display, could even be easily addressed in an OTA update, if it's not already there buried somewhere in the menus.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Gotta say, buddy's mind going straight to kidnapping was hilarious!
Yeah, it's weird how many times he brought up kidnapping and how many times he made fun of the inside release buttons. That's to prevent kids from getting trapped and dying, it's not about kidnapping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.