Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd be interested in learning the answer to that question as well.

The new Range Rover, which seems roughly similar in shape as the Rivian, is a relatively slippery 0.30. It would be great if the R1S was near that, but I suspect that it will be higher up in the 0.35 - 0.45 range that is typical for SUVs.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'd be interested in learning the answer to that question as well.

The new Range Rover, which seems roughly similar in shape as the Rivian, is a relatively slippery 0.30. It would be great if the R1S was near that, but I suspect that it will be higher up in the 0.35 - 0.45 range that is typical for SUVs.
There is an article I read where they mention Rivian execs told them the truck was I assume the SUV is almost the same.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There is an article I read where they mention Rivian execs told them the truck was I assume the SUV is almost the same.
Good find! I can see it at 0.3 or just above. They do brag about how they tried to optimize it, which given the (relative to other EVs) enormous cross-section surface area seems necessary for decent range.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wrote an earlier reply that appears to need moderator approval, which hasn't yet happened. I think 0.3 as stated in that article, or not much above seems plausible. They did have to work to reduce the drag coefficient given the large size of the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.