Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Rivian and on the same day while driving, heard roaring noise on all purpose mode, and threw notification that AWD is not active (only 2WD works), and need to go to service. beyond disappointment

so did reset using help of service person, did not help. waiting for it to be towed away.

did anyone have the same issue?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that, I had exactly the same issues less than 1000 miles. SC replaced the front motor units free of charge.
yes of course it should be free of charge. but they already told me that because of backlogs in SC, the car will be kept at least a month. so basically I have paid for a car I dont have for a month, which is significant period of time.
overall the experience of communication with SC has been very bad.

· Registered
3 Posts
yes of course it should be free of charge. but they already told me that because of backlogs in SC, the car will be kept at least a month. so basically I have paid for a car I don't have for a month, which is significant period of time.
Yes super agreed, SC did not update my vehicle status while in the center. I have contacted Rivian Rep via calling to get more information, but they wrote messages to them because the line was busy. Only I checked my status via App, it showed an estimate for services.
Where is your SC? My close SC is Richmond VA.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
an update on this: I took the car to SC, and their attitude was very positive. although it was christmas time they expedited investigation, and they said they will get back on Tuesday on their findings. they also gave me a loaner rivian for the time being which is nice (instead of rentals).
seems like the repair involves (rear drive unit (general and assembly), rear half shafts, and general maintenance and inspection.
of course cost will be 0

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes super agreed, SC did not update my vehicle status while in the center. I have contacted Rivian Rep via calling to get more information, but they wrote messages to them because the line was busy. Only I checked my status via App, it showed an estimate for services.
Where is your SC? My close SC is Richmond VA.
in washington state, bellevue

· Registered
Future R1S
19 Posts
yes of course it should be free of charge. but they already told me that because of backlogs in SC, the car will be kept at least a month. so basically I have paid for a car I dont have for a month, which is significant period of time.
Are they providing a loaner/rental at least?

· Registered
3 Posts
I got my Rivian and on the same day while driving, heard roaring noise on all purpose mode, and threw notification that AWD is not active (only 2WD works), and need to go to service. beyond disappointment

so did reset using help of service person, did not help. waiting for it to be towed away.

did anyone have the same issue?
I picked mine up in Normal last March and it failed 60 miles down the road. First a warning and slow mode and then when I tried to drive it after a recommended reset an emergency stop and it would not move. It was delivered to my home 2 weeks later with a new drive unit. They said it was the electronics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts