Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an e-mail to schedule a call with my Rivian guide, who has been personally named.

Does this mean I'm close to delivery?? How long prior to getting your trucks did you receive your first contact from a Rivian guide? just trying to get an idea of timing I can expect.

Thank you.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't we all? But, it's the first sign that I may be close. Trying to plan accordingly, so was hoping to hear from others to get an idea on time frame. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow when they call.

·
Registered
934 Posts
In my situation (in New England), with all my ducks in a row, my first contact was April 14 and delivery will now happen on Monday May 16 (confirmed).

However, YMMV given other timelines that have been shared. My truck was apparently hung-up in NY and delayed due to logistics difficulty & getting vehicle transportation northward from NY.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to him this morning. He indicated probably somewhere in the 4-6 week range. Possibly sooner. He did also indicate that they will keep an eye open for any trucks that may have been ordered but the owner did not follow through on the purchase. If one that fits my configuration comes up, then I'm now first in line for it and could end up with it in a week or two. That part is less likely, but he did say it's possible. I let him know the areas I was flexible on in terms of my configuration. Assuming the 4-6 weeks to be accurate, then that means Rivian will have beaten my original estimated delivery time frame they sent at the end of last year, which was July to September. If it happens in 4-6 weeks, will get it before the end of June. He seemed to think there was a decent chance of getting before the end of May.

In any case, my order is official, can no longer reconfigure my truck on the website. It's locked in and due to arrive or be built very soon.

So Rivian guide contact appears to mean that you down to the last 6 weeks or less. Maybe 8 weeks for some, depending on your location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were first contacted by our guide 4/14 and had our intro call on 4/15. Today 5/10, we received our truck VIN number as well as a link to begin the 8 step purchasing process. No delivery date set yet but hopefully very soon!

Our configuration is a LE R1T Glacier White Exterior/Forest Edge Interior/Sport Dark Wheels

·
Registered
89 Posts
any one order R1S contact it ?
Please see the following link for Guide contacts for R1S....

Thanks

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi I switched from R1T to R1S shortly after the pricing fiasco. I was contacted by my guide and had the call May 4. Signed the pro-order agreement a few days later. The guide indicated that R1S were going to employees first, same as with R1T. My preorder date was Jan 2020.
Welcome to the forum. How did you spec your R1S?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guide reached back out today and told me get insurance and financing prepped to be ready. Still no specified date, but said he believed it would be pretty soon.

He said he looked for a truck that was in the ballpark of my configuration, but no such luck there. So appears most buyers are following through as there not many trucks built and not accounted for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
R1T, 8/1/20 pre-order, LE, Launch Green, Black Mountain interior, 21" Road wheel and tires, am located in California.
I was told that my configuration would resul an earlier delivery and that there were no changes I could make to accelerate the delivery.
I filled out all paperwork, obtained outside insurance, have an assigned VIN, and am ready to go. Guide told me my vehicle was being prepped in Illinois, and it should be delivered to me within 2-3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts