Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to joining the forum. I've been following it for a while now and I enjoy reading all the ideas, news and speculation.

I've always wanted an electric pickup truck. I live in a rural area and have owned pickup trucks since I was a teenager. My first experience with an EV was when I converted a Kawasaki Mule to electric. I owned a 2017 Volt for while, but I sold it to my son. I currently drive a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with a diesel engine. I'll be selling it when I get the R1T.

I live about an hour away from the factory and learned about Rivian's plans to purchase the old Mitsubishi plant before they had the reveal in LA. I signed up to be on their mailing list and received an email just before the LA Auto Show about the opportunity to preorder. I placed my preorder on Nov 26, 2018 after thinking about for a couple of hours. If the speculation about the numbering system is correct, I would be #350 or 1350. I'm hoping for a June 2021 delivery !

I ordered the R1T Launch Edition, Launch Green, Forest Edge interior, 20" All Terrain tires. I'm waiting to see the truck in person to make a final decision on color.

The 300+ mile range fits my use well. I plan to use the truck mostly to get supplies locally for my small farm (5 acres) and short trips to visit friends and family. I'm planning to get an aluminum utility trailer to handle larger items that won't fit in the bed. I have a grid tied solar/wind hybrid system, which I intend to enlarge to accommodate the increased usage for charging the R1T. My goal is to produce enough energy to offset what I consume.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Welcome @JEV!

That's a nice R1T spec. Were you considering any other ways to configurate it before finalizing?
Any other vehicles on your radar?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might consider going with the 21" tires for better range and a quieter ride, but I like the All Terrain Tires for winter use. I'm not willing to pay extra for a different paint color, since I already paid extra for the Forrest Edge interior. Maybe LA Silver if the Launch Green doesn't look good in person. I had a 67 Mustang as a kid and it had a green interior similar to the Forrest Edge, so that really appeals to me.
I was interested in the Bollinger B2 until I saw the price. Same for the Hummer. I just think the value is better with the R1T. The Tesla Cyber truck is interesting for the range and price, but it's just not my style.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome to the forum @JEV! I'm with you about the R1T's value, for what you can get it's a better but than the Cybertruck, B2, and Hummer. I really like the green on green spec you're going with for your R1T. What kind of home charger do you have or are looking to get for the R1T? Have you driven by the Rivian factory and seen how the construction has been going?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't decided on the charger yet. I'm waiting to see what the cost is for the Rivian charger. I have a L14-50R outlet in the garage, so I can use the charger that comes with it as a temporary solution. I won't be driving very far for daily use, so I wouldn't be charging the complete range of the battery pack very often.

I drove by the factory last summer, but I haven't been down that way since. There is a lot of open land around the factory. They have plenty of room to expand.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I might consider going with the 21" tires for better range and a quieter ride, but I like the All Terrain Tires for winter use. I'm not willing to pay extra for a different paint color, since I already paid extra for the Forrest Edge interior. Maybe LA Silver if the Launch Green doesn't look good in person. I had a 67 Mustang as a kid and it had a green interior similar to the Forrest Edge, so that really appeals to me.
I was interested in the Bollinger B2 until I saw the price. Same for the Hummer. I just think the value is better with the R1T. The Tesla Cyber truck is interesting for the range and price, but it's just not my style.
Good call.
Rivian look great in just about any color anyways.

The F-150 EV should be out close to when momentum of Rivian deliveries start picking up.
As another great value packed option, is it also on you radar?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got around to joining the forum. I've been following it for a while now and I enjoy reading all the ideas, news and speculation.

I've always wanted an electric pickup truck. I live in a rural area and have owned pickup trucks since I was a teenager. My first experience with an EV was when I converted a Kawasaki Mule to electric. I owned a 2017 Volt for while, but I sold it to my son. I currently drive a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with a diesel engine. I'll be selling it when I get the R1T.

I live about an hour away from the factory and learned about Rivian's plans to purchase the old Mitsubishi plant before they had the reveal in LA. I signed up to be on their mailing list and received an email just before the LA Auto Show about the opportunity to preorder. I placed my preorder on Nov 26, 2018 after thinking about for a couple of hours. If the speculation about the numbering system is correct, I would be #350 or 1350. I'm hoping for a June 2021 delivery !

I ordered the R1T Launch Edition, Launch Green, Forest Edge interior, 20" All Terrain tires. I'm waiting to see the truck in person to make a final decision on color.

The 300+ mile range fits my use well. I plan to use the truck mostly to get supplies locally for my small farm (5 acres) and short trips to visit friends and family. I'm planning to get an aluminum utility trailer to handle larger items that won't fit in the bed. I have a grid tied solar/wind hybrid system, which I intend to enlarge to accommodate the increased usage for charging the R1T. My goal is to produce enough energy to offset what I consume.
Fantastic! Glad you got in early. Hopefully Rivian started with # 1001, and that you are number 350. I ordered mine on Nov 29th, and have no idea where I am. Hopefully also in June.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts