Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some good news for improving EV charging. Electrify America and ChargePoint have formed a roaming partnership to expand access to EV charging in the US.

The agreement will allow drivers to power use chargers between both networks using their existing accounts without additional fees. Going forward drivers can use the chargers without having to create new memberships.

This will "connect more than 30,000 Level 2 (L2) and DC fast chargers from Electrify America and ChargePoint across the US, adding significant public access as the number of EVs on the road significantly increases in the coming years."

·
Registered
315 Posts
Like how there were leaders with gasoline there will be with EV stations.
Can they beat Shell/Exxcon to the EV infrastructure race?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going to be an interesting arms race to watch when it comes to who has the biggest EV charging station network. Especially when Shell bought Greenlots in February to grow its charging infrastructure - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-shell-electric-vehicles-greenlots/shell-open-to-carmaker-partners-in-ev-charging-expansion-idUSKCN1PQ5MA.

Established energy giants need to take notice before they get left behind, whether is partnering with charger providers or making changes to their own gas stations. I think this will be just as important as trying to develop larger and more efficient EV batteries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A time will come when it won't matter as much. Shell will probably buy up some of the electric companies that started before they did. Shell and Exxcon has money other companies can only dream of.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A time will come when it won't matter as much. Shell will probably buy up some of the electric companies that started before they did. Shell and Exxcon has money other companies can only dream of.
I can see that happening just without rebranding to Shell, something I'd prefer as a consumer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts