Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else expressed interest in Rivian establishing a relationship with Electrify America so that we can have plug and play charging like the Tesla Supercharger? That quick and easy convenience is a big plus and I hope they establish that relationship. It’s a good thing to mention if you call the Rivian experience center.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Has anyone else expressed interest in Rivian establishing a relationship with Electrify America so that we can have plug and play charging like the Tesla Supercharger? That quick and easy convenience is a big plus and I hope they establish that relationship. It’s a good thing to mention if you call the Rivian experience center.
Not sure I follow. EA already offers a subscription plan to ANY EV owner.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
230 Posts
Not sure I follow. EA already offers a subscription plan to ANY EV owner.
Plug and charge is not the same as a subscription. Plug and charge means the cars connects and charges based on Vin information passed to the charger without needing an App or Credit card. You set up the vechile Vin in your account. I have an EA account today and use the App to initiate charging. Currently Ford and Porsche support Plug and Charge with EA, no need for an App or CC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I had read where Byton had established a relationship with EA for VIN charging. And it was a advantage for their future ownership. This is all a mute point as far as Byton is concerned now. Perhaps I misunderstood the agreement that they had. If I can initiate VIN charging at a rate competitive with Tesla super charging then I would be happy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Short answer.. based on my convo with Rivian customer service.. they are coy about releasing "plug n charge" info .. current answer is: " More information about the network and its features will be shared later this year! "

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Short answer.. based on my convo with Rivian customer service.. they are coy about releasing "plug n charge" info .. current answer is: " More information about the network and its features will be shared later this year! "
They were vague about the Rivian Adventure Network, so I'm not surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts