Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elon Musk spoke with Bild.de in a livestream and said that Tesla would consider a merger with a competitor if it was a good idea.

Seems like a reasonable answer but I just can't see Tesla merging with anyone at this point.

Meanwhile, Musk also said he was open to discussing a merger of Tesla with a rival.

Musk during the event in Germany was asked whether he would consider buying a rival carmaker given that Tesla's market value of more than $500 billion would make it easy to launch a takeover bid.

"We are definitely not going to launch a hostile takeover. If somebody said it would be a good idea to merge with Tesla, we would have this conversation," he said.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Elon Musk spoke with Bild.de in a livestream and said that Tesla would consider a merger with a competitor if it was a good idea.

Seems like a reasonable answer but I just can't see Tesla merging with anyone at this point.

Meanwhile, Musk also said he was open to discussing a merger of Tesla with a rival.

Musk during the event in Germany was asked whether he would consider buying a rival carmaker given that Tesla's market value of more than $500 billion would make it easy to launch a takeover bid.

"We are definitely not going to launch a hostile takeover. If somebody said it would be a good idea to merge with Tesla, we would have this conversation," he said.
Cant even imagine what that ego would look like...Cyber punk meets Clark Kent... that would be some serious brain power though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Musk says a lot of things. I've learned to ignore most of them 🤣
He's a sleep deprived genius who's mouth often goes faster than his brain. That said, I hope all EV's share compatible technologies (charging, lidar, etc.) so we don't end up with a Apple vs Droid (or Apple vs. MS) situation.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
95 Posts
The best thing Elon could do is sell Tesla auto to a large manufacture who can fix his quality issues and then become the battery supplier to the auto industry. Everyone wins.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's a sleep deprived genius who's mouth often goes faster than his brain. That said, I hope all EV's share compatible technologies (charging, lidar, etc.) so we don't end up with a Apple vs Droid (or Apple vs. MS) situation.
We're kind of already there since everyone is CCS while Tesla does their own thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Musk says a lot of things. I've learned to ignore most of them 🤣
I still have a Tri motor reservation butt 100% not pulling the trigger on that. However I am morbidly curious where he is going with that and I dig that quad too...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have a Tri motor reservation butt 100% not pulling the trigger on that. However I am morbidly curious where he is going with that and I dig that quad too...
It'd be pretty funny if you got the quad and pulled it around with the R1T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts