Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 8220

I think Elon might be a bit desperate for attention with the Cybertruck because he's claiming that the Cybertruck will be "waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat, so it can cross rivers, lakes & even seas that aren’t too choppy."

Elon also told me I would be making money off my Tesla 3 years ago as a "Robo Taxi" My admiration for Elon has somehow gone down considerably over the last several years. I was so excited about the FSD and all the big promises he'd make numerous times each year. After seeing his mental decline through the Pandemic. Dumb fck desire to purchase Twitter (Ultimately affecting hundreds of jobs and stock valuation) It's like put a sock in in Dude.

· Registered
468 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Hahaha. Back to wacky Elon spouting off BS when he is behind or drowning…

Well I guess Elon is continuing his trend of claiming credit for odd obscure things from 1950’s to 1990’s vehicles.

Model X “suv” (Pontiac Aztec)

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Yoke (mid 80’s Honda odyssey)
Cable Auto part Automotive exterior Laptop accessory Bumper

Now the boat (1940’s Porsche Schwimmwagen or better known 1960’s aquaticar)
Water Vehicle Wheel Boat Lake

also I wonder if anyone told him almost all trucks will float for a bit, the problem is without propulsion and a rudder floating is undesirable for water crossings…

· Registered
1,753 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Elon also told me I would be making money off my Tesla 3 years ago as a "Robo Taxi" My admiration for Elon has somehow gone down considerably over the last several years. I was so excited about the FSD and all the big promises he'd make numerous times each year. After seeing his mental decline through the Pandemic. Dumb fck desire to purchase Twitter (Ultimately affecting hundreds of jobs and stock valuation) It's like put a sock in in Dude.
You're more patient than I am. I bought FSD in 2016, got tired of Elon's empty promises by 2020 before I moved onto Rivian for their quest for customer disappointment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts