Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reconfigured to a large like everyone is talking about...but I do like to do some hiking about 200 miles from the house. It's on the eastern side of the Uintas (east of Salt Lake) and all I can find is level 2 chargers.

I guess I'll work with my guide to see what's planned for charging.

With the ability to get the max pac at 10K....I kinda feel like that's my smart play.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I reconfigured to a large like everyone is talking about...but I do like to do some hiking about 200 miles from the house. It's on the eastern side of the Uintas (east of Salt Lake) and all I can find is level 2 chargers.

I guess I'll work with my guide to see what's planned for charging.

With the ability to get the max pac at 10K....I kinda feel like that's my smart play.
I got the same email 3hrs ago. No guide yet.

Dec 21. Red. Black. Large battery. 22' black

Location?

·
Registered
2016 Audi A6 2.0T, 2014 Lexus ES350, 1998 Chevrolet S10
3 Posts
I wonder if Rivian is trying to bank at least some $100k sales to pump up their short term revenues/reduce the cash bleed and are prioritizing that a little over delivering to long-time $80k reservation holders. I wouldn't hold that against Rivian if a vehicle is at a local SC to the $100k & $80k customers, the $80k customer cancelled, and the config is exactly what the $100k customer wants. Deviating much from that or often would be disappointing.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I wonder if Rivian is trying to bank at least some $100k sales to pump up their short term revenues/reduce the cash bleed and are prioritizing that a little over delivering to long-time $80k reservation holders. I wouldn't hold that against Rivian if a vehicle is at a local SC to the $100k & $80k customers, the $80k customer cancelled, and the config is exactly what the $100k customer wants. Deviating much from that or often would be disappointing.
Welcome @Catmandew! At this point i agree that Rivian is likely trying to get as many people into their vehicles as possible, ie trying to sell people on going with models that are already made but not in the exact spec they initially wanted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts