Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, I have two and they have been working very well. Support at Emporia has been very responsive as well. They are out of Colorado.

The 2 I have are before they received UL listing but the quality is decent. I have had one for a little over a year, bought the second one about 4 months ago. Still waiting for my R1S but use it to charge the Model S with an adapter.

·
Registered
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Porsche 911, BMW i3 REX, Dodge RAM 3500
8 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Emporia Smart Electric EV level 2 charger?
I installed a 50Amp UL version back in June 2022 and it works great, including the app.

It is definitely not as polished as the 2 ChargePoint chargers I have used/installed previously.

For example, it doesn't come with knock outs in the back in case you want to flush mount it with the wire entering the box in the back. I ended up drilling a hole in the plastic to accommodate my install. Also, the cover is unnecessarily hard to take off with a bunch of screws only accessible from the back, so you really need access all around the box and can't mount it close to a wall. I suspect that's for safety, but Chargepoint has a more elegant solution by providing 2 separate covers that are easily removable from the front before you get to the wiring.

I only got the Emporia because of the much lower price ($449 vs. $800) and the fact that the company is in Colorado where I live.

So, I am happy with the device (haven't used their service) and would recommend it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I have two and they have been working very well. Support at Emporia has been very responsive as well. They are out of Colorado.

The 2 I have are before they received UL listing but the quality is decent. I have had one for a little over a year, bought the second one about 4 months ago. Still waiting for my R1S but use it to charge the Model S with an adapter.
Thanks for the info. Just ordered one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have had their Level 2 UL unit for the last 4 months, charging at 48amps it been great for the money, ($450) and the app is excellent in its function, data feedback and capabilities. Customer Service with Emporia has also been top notch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts